Adom FM presenter, Godsbrain Smart, aka Captain Smart, has recounted how Valentina Ofori Afriyie, wife of KABA reacted upon hearing the sudden death of her husband.
According to him, the late journalist’s wife refused to believe and come to terms with her husband’s demise but rather she kept on insisting that he was alive.
“My husband is not dead, he is alive”, wife of KABA told the crew that was sent to break the news to her.
Captain smart described the mood surrounding his former colleague’s residence as a moment of tension and solitude. His neighbours even at the time they had not yet received the news, behaved as though they were informed.
Even KABA’s wild dogs became sober and lay under their master’s car as though they knew what was happening, Smart narrated.
Captain smart said: “Yesterday after the incident occurred, we made the men in the house switch off all televisions and radio devices so KABA’s wife does not get to hear the death of her husband through the media.
"So we broke the news together with one elder Donkor. Upon reaching the house, all the dogs were even lying down under their master’s car as though they knew he was no more.
"I was told that those dogs are really fierce but they never barked when we entered the house. As for KABA’s wife, she said 'it is not true, my husband is alive. He was not sick and never fell ill'."
Kwadwo Asare-Baffour Acheampong (KABA) was pronounced dead upon arrival at the Korle-Bu Teaching Hospital early Saturday where he had been rushed after he suddenly fell ill.
Before his unexpected death, KABA was the host of Asempa FM’s ‘Ekosii Sen’. He was noted for his many anti-corruption campaigns.
He tied the knot in June 2016 with Class FM’s Valentina Ofori Afriyie with whom he had a daughter.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Man’s presumed brain tumor miraculously disappears a day before surgery
- B/A: UNDP, COCOBOD train community resource managers
- Today's front pages
- Coach acquitted and discharged over “fingering” a minor
- Wives United in Prayer Newtwork supports blind coconut seller
- Defunct UT Bank chases Woyome for GH¢9.4m debt
- E.P. Church honours Bawumia for his religious tolerance
- GHACCO applauds gov't for promoting clean cooking
- KNUST: Teacher unions restore suspended services
- Government accused of distributing expiring fertilizers to farmers
- Give Me Hope Foundation partners Alfie Design to train women in deprived c'nities
- Japanese passport now world's most powerful
- Ghana, Qatar sign 5 Memoranda of Understanding
- 95-year-old man wakes up at his own funeral, says he was just taking a nap
- Dagbon youth fight to keep Chereponi out of new region