A burglar had to be rescued by police during a break-in – after he got stuck in a window for five hours. The shoeless man – wearing jeans and black socks – had to be retrieved by officers after desperately crying out for help when he got trapped in the tight spot.
A picture taken by West Midlands Police on today shows the crook with his body half inside the window with his legs dangling out. Shortly after being freed from the window, the he was taken into police custody.
In a tweet, West Midlands Response Team said from their @ResponseWMP1 account: ‘#dontgetstuck if your trying to break in. 5 hours alter shouting help #triptocustody by all means’
Web users were quick to ridicule the would-be burglar on social media. Judith Broug said: ‘trying really hard not to laugh’
And Jim Nicholl tweeted: ‘Another fine mess Stanley. Must feel a right turkey!’
Henry Smith added: ‘This has made my day. What an absolute plonker.’ Lisa Foster wrote: ‘Bet he felt like an absolute idiot. He got everything he deserved being stuck there for that long.’
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Defunct UT Bank chases Woyome for GH¢9.4m debt
- E.P. Church honours Bawumia for his religious tolerance
- GHACCO applauds gov't for promoting clean cooking
- KNUST: Teacher unions restore suspended services
- Government accused of distributing expiring fertilizers to farmers
- Give Me Hope Foundation partners Alfie Design to train women in deprived c'nities
- Japanese passport now world's most powerful
- Ghana, Qatar sign 5 Memoranda of Understanding
- 95-year-old man wakes up at his own funeral, says he was just taking a nap
- Dagbon youth fight to keep Chereponi out of new region
- Update: KNUST reopens Friday
- EC Commissioner goes soul-winning at Accra Mall
- 'Time to possess nations' -The Church Of Pentecost unveils 5-year vision
- Ghana Library Authority revives 20-yr broken union with Book Aid Int.
- Govt will sustain free SHS funding - GES Director-General