A huge tree at the intersection opposite the East Legon KFC in Accra has fallen on two cars during a rainstorm on Wednesday.
According to Joy News’ Martha Crentsil who was at the scene, one saloon car and a commercial vehicle [trotro] were affected.
Fortunately, the saloon car driver and all passengers and driver of the trotro got away unharmed, but both cars are badly damaged from the impact of the tree’s crush.
Narrating what happened, the saloon car driver told Joy News he was driving in the rain when he saw the tree falling and managed to escape.
He said he is in shock and cannot explain how he escaped.
A taxi driver also told Joy News he was driving when the rain started and he wanted to park under the tree when he saw the tree trunk falling and went to park somewhere else.
The police are in the area helping to keep order.
Fire service personnel also arrived at the scene to take measures to cut and remove the tree trunk from the cars.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Discharged Andah recounts multiple portions of blessings
- Scientists caution over calls for labelling of GMOs
- FIDO trains Kaneshie market women in Financial & Digital Literacy
- Women scientists must go into politics —Former Presidential Advisor
- Unity Air gets operation certificate
- MTN Ghana holds Customer Outreach Day
- UEW rolls out year-long programme to celebrate 25 years
- 2019 Budget: Finance Minister's 'completed recreational park' at Oda
- 1998 year group of APASS refurbishes school dining hall
- Photo of the week: The Bawumia reminder
- Protest erupts over terrible Hohoe roads
- Public universities deliberately crippling private ones - Prof. Adow Obeng
- Unilever launches livelihood empowerment project for women in Upper West
- Demo in Nsuta after truck driver kills teenager
- Joy News' presenters help free 'arrested' RTI coalition member