Armed robbers Tuesday night shot and killed Anthony K. Fouliber, a nurse at Sawla Polyclinic when the minibus he was traveling in was attacked.
He was among passengers who were traveling in a Sangyong mini bus with registration number AS 689-17 at Grupei in the Damango District of the Northern Region.
The minibus driver Halidu Amadu who reported the incident to the police said, he was travelling from Tamale to Sawla around 10:00 pm on Tuesday and upon reaching Grupei in the Damango District, some armed men stopped the vehicle.
According to him, all the passengers including him were forced into the bush and robbed them of their monies and other personal belongings.
In the process, one of the armed robbers shot Mr Fouliber who was rushed to Sawla Polyclinic for treatment but died upon arrival.
The body has since been deposited at Bole District hospital morgue.
The Northern Regional Police spokesperson ASP Mohammed Yussif Tanko who confirmed the incident to Joy News said at about 11:30 pm, the Sawla Police Command received a distress call from Mr Amadu.
He said the driver reported that his car had been hijacked by some people he suspected were armed robbers on the Tamale-Sawla Road at about 10:00 pm.
No arrests have been made so far but ASP Tanko indicated that the Damango District Police Command had launched investigations into the case.
He is appealing to people with information to assist them to arrest the suspects.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- IMANI: On Drones, GHS boss, Dr. Nsiah-Asare is very Confused
- Kwaku Azar wants Audit Service Board scrapped
- NR security moves to calm tension in Dagbon
- Tremor in Accra: Fault lines active, prepare for earthquakes- Geological Service warns
- MAXMASS donates furniture to Tarkwa Senior High School
- Afrobarometer leaders receive Distinguished Africanist awards
- Drone Saga: Health Service boss discredits IMANI figures
- Video: We are not buying drones; GHS boss hits back at Minority
- 6 Menzgold customers arrested over invasion, violence
- Atwima Kwanwoma Rural Bank support farmers in four districts
- Process&Plant, Chint donate solar plant to Ghana Institution of Engineering
- Alliance for Science pushes for passage of Plant Breeders Bill into law
- Two arrested for attempting to cast spell on Akufo-Addo
- 60-year-old graduate is 2018 National Best Farmer
- Days of 'goro boys' numbered as DVLA posts official charges