Footage taken at West Midlands Safari Park, Bewdley, Worcs, shows the creature poking its head into the passenger window of the vehicle.
The woman in the seat appears to be holding some food which the giraffe, named Strider, clearly wants so begins tucking in.
Her partner decides to wind up the window, in an attempt to force the animal away.
But it proves to be a very bad decision.
The giraffe becomes trapped inside the car and when it pulls its head out, the whole window shatters.
Both the people watching in the vehicle beside and the passengers scream in horror.
“Oh my god! Are you alright?” a woman asks, to which her counterpart responds: “I’m alright.”
West Midlands Safari Park said the giraffe didn’t sustain any injuries but an investigation has been launched.
YouTube user MoMedia, who filmed the clip and posted it online on Sunday, added: “I would like to point out that the couple did not intentionally do this, the young chap went into panic mode and didn't think straight about what he was doing.
He was just trying to help his girlfriend.
“I would also like to point out that the zoo keeper drove over and used food as bait to check on the giraffe.
“The lady was happy that the giraffe did not sustain injury and subsequently let it go.”
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Inclusion of women in pivotal roles necessary for dev't - Samira Bawumia
- Multimedia Group Limited terminates partnership with ZenoRadio/Media
- K. K. Sarpong does not benefit from or own Fueltrade
- ‘Double track is on track,’ gov’t rips GNECC claims
- Indian man kidnapped for $500,000 ransom found
- Takoradi baby thief jailed 5 yrs
- 'Wanted' Pro-NDC Hawk member stabbed
- Ghana among highest malaria-endemic countries in sub-Saharan Africa — WHO 2018 Report
- Newspaper headlines: Friday, April 26, 2018
- Education directors ordered to declare teacher vacancies
- 100-year-old shipwreck remains wash up on North Carolina coast
- Gunmen abduct Indian businessman in Kumasi
- Tourists get thrilling Easter experience at Ghana’s top destinations
- Disclosing info on missing Taadi girls dangerous - AG
- We can’t bring Menzgold CEO home just yet – Attorney General