My attention has been drawn to a news item on your web portal that purportedly quotes me as saying that Ghana will conclude a 19 billion dollar loan deal with China in August.
This was an incorrect quote of my submissions in an interview I granted Afia Pokuaa of Adom FM on “Burning Issues” on the 9th of April 2018
This said the quote is incorrect and total misreportage of my words and I wish to correct same as follows:
At no point throughout the interview did I mention the figure $19 billion or suggest that a $19 billion loan will be concluded.
Rather, I told Afia Pokuaa that by August, government hopes to break ground across the country on various infrastructure projects that will be financed through an initial $2 billion tranche of upcoming Chinese facilities.
I further mentioned that the necessary request for approval for this first tranche of $2 billion will soon be put before parliament.
I hope that you will give my rejoinder the same prominence that you gave your original story.
Mustapha Abdul-Hamid (Ph.D)
Have your say
More News Headlines
- IHRMP honours Multimedia's HR manager
- Cat climbs into box, accidentally gets posted 700 miles away
- Guardians of Gray Masters Foundation to renovate 'deplorable' Bekwai Infirmary
- Ga East Municipal Assembly seizes developer's equipment
- GII calls for 'resurrection' of double salaries, other cold corruption cases
- Tree planters plant themselves at Commission over unpaid arrears
- 'The higher calling to serve': 18 Liberty Church pastors ordained
- Local Accra restaurant, N8TIVE, turns 1 in style
- Man charged for allegedly shooting, paralysing wife
- Opuni Trial: 'CRIG documents tampered, misfiled'
- Top prison bosses, 42 others promoted by President Akufo-Addo
- Prioritise education, digital connectivity – Lagarde advises gov't
- The five top destinations to visit in 2019 – an insider’s guide
- “World’s prettiest man” has to show ID to prove he’s male
- Newspaper headlines: Tuesday, December 18, 2018