My attention has been drawn to a news item on your web portal that purportedly quotes me as saying that Ghana will conclude a 19 billion dollar loan deal with China in August.
This was an incorrect quote of my submissions in an interview I granted Afia Pokuaa of Adom FM on “Burning Issues” on the 9th of April 2018
This said the quote is incorrect and total misreportage of my words and I wish to correct same as follows:
At no point throughout the interview did I mention the figure $19 billion or suggest that a $19 billion loan will be concluded.
Rather, I told Afia Pokuaa that by August, government hopes to break ground across the country on various infrastructure projects that will be financed through an initial $2 billion tranche of upcoming Chinese facilities.
I further mentioned that the necessary request for approval for this first tranche of $2 billion will soon be put before parliament.
I hope that you will give my rejoinder the same prominence that you gave your original story.
Mustapha Abdul-Hamid (Ph.D)
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Inclusion of women in pivotal roles necessary for dev't - Samira Bawumia
- Multimedia Group Limited terminates partnership with ZenoRadio/Media
- K. K. Sarpong does not benefit from or own Fueltrade
- ‘Double track is on track,’ gov’t rips GNECC claims
- Indian man kidnapped for $500,000 ransom found
- Takoradi baby thief jailed 5 yrs
- 'Wanted' Pro-NDC Hawk member stabbed
- Ghana among highest malaria-endemic countries in sub-Saharan Africa — WHO 2018 Report
- Newspaper headlines: Friday, April 26, 2018
- Education directors ordered to declare teacher vacancies
- 100-year-old shipwreck remains wash up on North Carolina coast
- Gunmen abduct Indian businessman in Kumasi
- Tourists get thrilling Easter experience at Ghana’s top destinations
- Disclosing info on missing Taadi girls dangerous - AG
- We can’t bring Menzgold CEO home just yet – Attorney General