The 3rd edition of the Koforidua Technical University Students Representative Council (SRC) awards has been slated for May 12 to crown the 2018/2019 academic year.
The Koforidua Technical University SRC Awards is an annual award scheme that recognises and celebrates deserving students and corporate organisations for their contributions to the SRC, students of the university and the country as a whole.
The awards are based on achievements from January 1 to December 31, 2017.
The theme for this year’s award is: “Empowering Tomorrow’s Leaders Today”.
Meanwhile, a committee to vet nominees has been set up.
The committee, made up of reputable members of the university community, will also supervise the voting of shortlisted nominees for the various awards categories.
Nominations end on April 30, 2018.
This year, the competitive categories for the awards include:
1) Most Influential Student
2) Student Journalist of The Year
3) Student Artist of the Year
4) The personality of the Year (Male/Female)
5) Male Sports Personality
6) Female Sports Personality
7) Most Popular Student (Male/Female)
8) Entertaining Student of The Year (Male/Female)
9) Best Event Crew on Campus
10) Best DJ on Campus
11) Hostel of the Year
12) Most Fashionable Student (Male/Female)
13) Student Activist
14) Student MC of The Year
15) Student Photographer of the Year
16) Best Faculty of The Year
Non-Competitive Categories (Non-Voting Categories)
1) Extraordinary Student Volunteer (SRC Members Only)
2) Most Innovative Student of The Year
3) Student Leader of the Year
4) Overall Best Student of the Year
5) Best Student Writer/Author
6) Best Student Entrepreneur
The 3rd Edition Of The Koforidua Technical University SRC Awards (KTU SRC Awards) will be held on 12th May 2018 at the Eastern Premier Hotel In Koforidua, Eastern Region.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Swedru municipal guard in assault case arrested
- Eugene Arhin recognised among 'Most Influential People of African Descent'
- Unemployed man remanded over robbery
- Absence of policy framework on road safety to blame for carnage - Lawyer
- NADMO distributes relief items to Chereponi victims
- Paul lobbied to appear on AWW Commission – Kofi Abotsi reveals
- Baako calls for ‘occasional’ media blacklist of Police Service
- Gov't working towards non-custodial sentencing regime
- Woman assaulted at Midland Savings petitions AG over dismissal of her case
- Chinese Police use alleged criminal’s childhood photo for wanted poster
- Black Friday: Randy Abbey’s critical questions to gov’t on road accidents
- Gov't taking firm steps to clear arrears owed caterers - Minister
- This is the world's busiest airport
- NDC mourns Black Friday road carnage victims
- Minority wants Roads, Transport and Interior ministers summoned over road carnage