The Weija Lake which was constructed in 1978 to provide fresh water for domestic and agricultural purposes, faces extinction.
This is because, some game hunters have now extended their hunting expedition to the banks of the lake where they set fire to the vegetation in their bid to catch rats.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Swedru municipal guard in assault case arrested
- Eugene Arhin recognised among 'Most Influential People of African Descent'
- Unemployed man remanded over robbery
- Absence of policy framework on road safety to blame for carnage - Lawyer
- NADMO distributes relief items to Chereponi victims
- Paul lobbied to appear on AWW Commission – Kofi Abotsi reveals
- Baako calls for ‘occasional’ media blacklist of Police Service
- Gov't working towards non-custodial sentencing regime
- Woman assaulted at Midland Savings petitions AG over dismissal of her case
- Chinese Police use alleged criminal’s childhood photo for wanted poster
- Black Friday: Randy Abbey’s critical questions to gov’t on road accidents
- Gov't taking firm steps to clear arrears owed caterers - Minister
- This is the world's busiest airport
- NDC mourns Black Friday road carnage victims
- Minority wants Roads, Transport and Interior ministers summoned over road carnage