Uncertainty over the future of a 24- year old university student is cleared through the benevolence of Nhyira FM its Obra show listeners.
Prince Adu Sarkodie had to struggle through basic education during which he had to fend for himself and helpless mother after the death of his father.
Few friends provided little support till he gained admission to Garden City University College at Kenyase, near Kumasi.
Demands of the Bachelor of Science Nursing course he is pursuing compounded his struggles.
With examinations approaching, the final-year student was being haunted by a Gh¢7,540.00 debt in fees.
The fear of missing out on the final examination stared him in the face following a caution by school authorities.
Confusion, hopelessness and desperation summed up Prince’s story.
But the benevolent gesture of listeners of Nhyira FM’s daily magazine program, Obra, has rescued him from that emotional torture.
Host of the program, Eleanor Efe Amanor [Mama Efe], engaged Prince on the show to tell his chilling story.
Moved by his account, listeners volunteered to donate for his cause, raising over GH¢16,000.00 to his fees and the rest invested for his upkeep.
Programs Director of Nhyira FM, Benjamin Fiifi Ocran, led a delegation to pay Mr. Sarkodie's fees at the Garden City University College.
College President, Dr. Wilhelmina Donkor commends Nhyira FM and the Multimedia Group's continued support, especially, for the less fortunate.
Excited but emotional Prince is grateful to donors, Nhyira FM and Mama Efe for breathing fresh life into him.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- IHRMP honours Multimedia's HR manager
- Cat climbs into box, accidentally gets posted 700 miles away
- Guardians of Gray Masters Foundation to renovate 'deplorable' Bekwai Infirmary
- Ga East Municipal Assembly seizes developer's equipment
- GII calls for 'resurrection' of double salaries, other cold corruption cases
- Tree planters plant themselves at Commission over unpaid arrears
- 'The higher calling to serve': 18 Liberty Church pastors ordained
- Local Accra restaurant, N8TIVE, turns 1 in style
- Man charged for allegedly shooting, paralysing wife
- Opuni Trial: 'CRIG documents tampered, misfiled'
- Top prison bosses, 42 others promoted by President Akufo-Addo
- Prioritise education, digital connectivity – Lagarde advises gov't
- The five top destinations to visit in 2019 – an insider’s guide
- “World’s prettiest man” has to show ID to prove he’s male
- Newspaper headlines: Tuesday, December 18, 2018