The rocky coast of Donegal, Ireland played a starring role in the "Star Wars: The Force Awakens" when none other than the Millennium Falcon landed on the county's rocky Malin Head -- Ireland's most northerly point.
But whether you're landing a fictional starship or a Boeing 747, Donegal Airport is a spectacular landing strip -- and now it's been crowned the world's most scenic airport approach by PrivateFly, a booking platform for private jet charters.
"Donegal is extraordinarily beautiful and deservedly sits in the top spot this year," says Adam Twidell, CEO of PrivateFly. "Its rugged coastal landscapes were a location for the recent Star Wars movies, and it's not hard to see why."
The top ten also includes the sandy beauty of Barra Airport on the Isle of Barra in Scotland's incredible Outer Hebrides.
10 most scenic airport landings, according to PrivateFly
1. Donegal Airport, Ireland
2. Barra Airport, Scotland
3. Nice Cote d'Azur, France
4. Queenstown Airport, New Zealand
5. Juancho E. Yrausquin Airport, Saba, Dutch Caribbean
6. Orlando Melbourne Airport, US
7. Billy Bishop Toronto City Airport, Canada
8. London City Airport, London, UK
9. Princess Juliana International Airport, Philipsburg, Sint Maarten, French/Dutch Caribbean
10. Miami International Airport, Miami, Florida, US
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Swedru municipal guard in assault case arrested
- Eugene Arhin recognised among 'Most Influential People of African Descent'
- Unemployed man remanded over robbery
- Absence of policy framework on road safety to blame for carnage - Lawyer
- NADMO distributes relief items to Chereponi victims
- Paul lobbied to appear on AWW Commission – Kofi Abotsi reveals
- Baako calls for ‘occasional’ media blacklist of Police Service
- Gov't working towards non-custodial sentencing regime
- Woman assaulted at Midland Savings petitions AG over dismissal of her case
- Chinese Police use alleged criminal’s childhood photo for wanted poster
- Black Friday: Randy Abbey’s critical questions to gov’t on road accidents
- Gov't taking firm steps to clear arrears owed caterers - Minister
- This is the world's busiest airport
- NDC mourns Black Friday road carnage victims
- Minority wants Roads, Transport and Interior ministers summoned over road carnage