The rocky coast of Donegal, Ireland played a starring role in the "Star Wars: The Force Awakens" when none other than the Millennium Falcon landed on the county's rocky Malin Head -- Ireland's most northerly point.
But whether you're landing a fictional starship or a Boeing 747, Donegal Airport is a spectacular landing strip -- and now it's been crowned the world's most scenic airport approach by PrivateFly, a booking platform for private jet charters.
"Donegal is extraordinarily beautiful and deservedly sits in the top spot this year," says Adam Twidell, CEO of PrivateFly. "Its rugged coastal landscapes were a location for the recent Star Wars movies, and it's not hard to see why."
The top ten also includes the sandy beauty of Barra Airport on the Isle of Barra in Scotland's incredible Outer Hebrides.
10 most scenic airport landings, according to PrivateFly
1. Donegal Airport, Ireland
2. Barra Airport, Scotland
3. Nice Cote d'Azur, France
4. Queenstown Airport, New Zealand
5. Juancho E. Yrausquin Airport, Saba, Dutch Caribbean
6. Orlando Melbourne Airport, US
7. Billy Bishop Toronto City Airport, Canada
8. London City Airport, London, UK
9. Princess Juliana International Airport, Philipsburg, Sint Maarten, French/Dutch Caribbean
10. Miami International Airport, Miami, Florida, US
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Gov't working on law to improve cybersecurity environment
- Gbewa Palace gates open as Abudus perform funeral for overlord
- Violence against women: MP charges gov’t to resource DOVVSU
- Send Ghana wants govt to crack whip on School Feeding fraud
- National Chief Imam commends and prays for Joy News' Latif Iddrisu
- School Feeding Coordinator suspended
- Punish heads who use pupils for political activities – Bright Appiah
- Ghana paying too much for Medical Drones Service – Procurement expert
- Fiesta Royale donates to Maternal Unit of Achimota Hospital
- Prempeh College ’98 old boys donate water system to school to mark homecoming anniversary
- Finding natural riches in the world's driest desert
- Full document: Controversial MoH, Zipline medical drone agreement
- Ethiopian Airlines launches services to Manchester
- New book, “Made in Ghana” to be launched Friday
- Zimbabwean nabbed with 7kg cocaine