President Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo has appointed Chief Executive Officers and their deputies for the three newly created development authorities that were passed into law in November 2017.
They are the Coastal, Middle Belt and Northern Development Authorities which is to develop Infrastructure for the Poverty Eradication Programme (IPEP).
Heading the Coastal Development Authority as CEO is the Managing Director of Citi FM and Citi TV, Mr Samuel Atta Mensah [Sammens].
Joe Danquah, an administrator will be heading the Middle Belt Development Authority, whilst Alhaji Abdel-Majeed Haroun, an Agricultural Economist, will head the Northern Development Authority.
“The appointees are to act pending the receipt of the constitutionally required advice of the governing Boards of the Development Authorities, given in consultation with the Public Services Commission,” a statement from the presidency signed by Communications Director, Mr Eugene Arhin said.
The IPEP programme will oversee the disbursement of the equivalent of $1 million per constituency per year, in fulfilment of one of the New Patriotic Party’s major promises.,
The project is also expected to have a direct link with government’s one district one factory project, which is estimated to cost GH¢456.3 million and create about 350,000 jobs.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- IHRMP honours Multimedia's HR manager
- Cat climbs into box, accidentally gets posted 700 miles away
- Guardians of Gray Masters Foundation to renovate 'deplorable' Bekwai Infirmary
- Ga East Municipal Assembly seizes developer's equipment
- GII calls for 'resurrection' of double salaries, other cold corruption cases
- Tree planters plant themselves at Commission over unpaid arrears
- 'The higher calling to serve': 18 Liberty Church pastors ordained
- Local Accra restaurant, N8TIVE, turns 1 in style
- Man charged for allegedly shooting, paralysing wife
- Opuni Trial: 'CRIG documents tampered, misfiled'
- Top prison bosses, 42 others promoted by President Akufo-Addo
- Prioritise education, digital connectivity – Lagarde advises gov't
- The five top destinations to visit in 2019 – an insider’s guide
- “World’s prettiest man” has to show ID to prove he’s male
- Newspaper headlines: Tuesday, December 18, 2018