Two persons, who were found in possession of seven grenades at Odorkor in Accra, are expected to appear before an Accra High Court for trial to commence on May 17, this year.
Ismaila Ali Musah, 31 and Abdul Karim Yakubu, 30, have been committed to stand trial by the District Court.
The District Court presided over by Ebenezer Kweku Ansah said after listening to the prosecution, that the two accused ought to explain how they came by the grenades from Russia.
They are being held for possessing explosives and firearms without lawful authority.
Another person, Osman Alhassan, 33, was discharged last month for lack of evidence by the Attorney General.
Sefakor Batse, a Senior State Attorney, told an Accra District Court yesterday that the Attorney General's Office was ready to begin the trial, saying there was enough evidence against the two.
It has been established that the grenades found on the accused persons were from Russia.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Black Friday! Close to 90 perish in 2 separate accidents
- Ministers’ discretion rights undermine corruption fight’
- Eight ways to save water
- South Dayi MP pushes for highway rest stop, cultural village at Peki
- Kintampo-Techiman road crash: 53 survived Friday fatality - Police
- Climate Week: Youth Groups across Africa march to demand immediate action
- 2 Dismissed Fire Service officers reinstated
- Nigeria, a sleeping tourism giant that needs awakening
- Anas frustrated by Police apathy in Hussein-Suale's murder probe
- Police request Parliament to release Ken Agyapong over assault complaint
- City guard brutally assaults young man in viral video
- Sex worker shocks Twitter with airplane toilet licking selfie video
- Updated: 55 killed in gory Kintampo-Techiman road crash
- Climate Week: Farmer-based CSOs march to promote agroecology
- Newspaper headlines: Friday, March 22, 2019