It’s been a deadly weekend in the Northern Region. Two separate motor accidents have claimed the lives of 18 people.
Sixteen people died in the early hours of Sunday, April 15, 2018 in a tragic accident at Yapei-Yipala on the Tamale-Kumasi Road.
According to the police, a bus carrying 70 passengers, in an attempt to overtake a cargo truck, crashed into another bus.
A police spokesperson said a Yutong bus and a Kia bus collided at Yipala, 10 kilometres from Yapei.
He said the collision happened off the road. The police suspect the two buses, which were moving in the opposite direction swerved to the same direction and crashed into each other.
Both drivers died in the accident, he said.
At Savelugu, also in the Northern Region, another accident killed two.
Northern Region Police PRO, ASP Yusif Tanko told Joy News a tricycle carrying firewood lost control when the firewood poured onto the road.
An oncoming truck, he said, crushed the two riders of the tricycle killing them instantly.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Gov't working on law to improve cybersecurity environment
- Gbewa Palace gates open as Abudus perform funeral for overlord
- Violence against women: MP charges gov’t to resource DOVVSU
- Send Ghana wants govt to crack whip on School Feeding fraud
- National Chief Imam commends and prays for Joy News' Latif Iddrisu
- School Feeding Coordinator suspended
- Punish heads who use pupils for political activities – Bright Appiah
- Ghana paying too much for Medical Drones Service – Procurement expert
- Fiesta Royale donates to Maternal Unit of Achimota Hospital
- Prempeh College ’98 old boys donate water system to school to mark homecoming anniversary
- Finding natural riches in the world's driest desert
- Full document: Controversial MoH, Zipline medical drone agreement
- Ethiopian Airlines launches services to Manchester
- New book, “Made in Ghana” to be launched Friday
- Zimbabwean nabbed with 7kg cocaine