Remember Puspa Dewi, the 50-year-old Indonesian woman who people often confused with her two sons’ girlfriends? Well, she’s apparently not the only one with this “problem”. 50-year-old Liu Yelin’s incredibly youthful looks have the same effect on people.
50-year-old Liu Yelin, who goes by @queenyelin on Instagram, has been mesmerizing her social media followers with her youthful looks for a few years now, but she recently managed to attract worldwide attention with a series of herself posing in nothing more than a bikini and a pair of ski goggles at the frozen Lake Baikal, north of the Mongolian border. People just couldn’t believe how well she looked for her age, and the seemingly aging-resistant woman found herself in the media spotlight once again.
Liu first international headlines in May of last year, when she revealed that people often mistake her for her 23-year-old son’s girlfriend, a statement that was confirmed both by her son, Xie Yixuan, and by photos of them together. Since then, she’s been growing her following on Chinese social media platform Weibo, where she currently has over 150,000 fans, and building a presence on Instagram as well.
“My mum has always been beautiful. When she was young, she was considered the prettiest girl at her school,” Xie Xuan told reporters last year. “I’d say as time goes by, she’s even prettier now.”
While good genes may have something to do with the 50-year-old’s enviable looks, she credits exercise as the most important part of her anti-aging efforts. She discovered swimming 30 years ago, and still practices almost every day. She also does weight training every day, practices yoga and swims in ice-cold water. Whatever the season, Liu Yelin says she exercises a few hours daily.
Last year, Liu swam across the Malaysian Strait, a distance of 7.45 miles in four hours, and in 2016, she swam across the Yangtse River in China and Han River in South Korea.
A few years ago, Liu Yelin said that her dream is to still look good in a bikini at 80-years-old. She might just pull it off. She also added that she hopes her success will inspire other women to exercise for a “more beautiful and confident self”.
Liu Yelin is just one of several Asian “ladies of eternal youth”. In the past, we’ve also featured Chinese weather girl Yang Dan, Japanese ageless goddess Masako Mizutani, and Taiwanese designer Lure Hsu.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- CIPS lauds creation of Ethics and Standards Committee
- Pope John's, others sail through in NSMQ qualifiers
- University Prof tasks students to get 1,667 friends on social media for A+
- E-justice system to improve court integrity, save time, money - Judge
- Privately trained nurses gear up to re-enact ‘kumiprɛko’ demo
- Today's Front Pages
- No prosecutions since 2006 - Police/military brutalities on journalists...
- UK Embassy introduces self-upload Visa, Immigration application portal
- U.S. Ambassador reinforces commitment to Sustainable Development in NR
- Party security are militias not vigilantes - Abotsi defends Short C’ssion
- Corpses, carcasses in drought-hit Kenya
- World's most expensive cities revealed
- Settle your indebtedness to GBC or face prosecution - PAC
- Samira secures Indian scholarship and free care for special pediatric cases
- UEW Council stands by decision to sack 3 lecturers