Joy News checks have revealed that popular social media personality, Ibrahim Dauda, who was trending for the wrong reasons has not been arrested.
The 32-year-old who is very popular on various social media platforms because of his display of flashy and expensive cars was reported by bloggers and social media commentators to have been arrested for alleged money laundering.
According to reports, Mr Dauda popularly known as Ibrah-1 defrauded a friend to the tune of $400,000.
He is alleged to have received a bank transfer on behalf of one Heloo and has refused to give the money to the owner.
In a video that has gone viral, Mr Dauda is seen with two other guys, Heloo and another person, arguing at a place that many people online are saying is a police station.
In the video, they are asking Mr Dauda to refund some money but he is heard saying he gave the money to someone who is unable to account for it.
According to him, he has pleaded for more time to pay the money, but if his creditor [Heloo] does not go easy on him, he is going to report him as well as others who are engaged in a similar ‘businesses’ to the police.
The kind of business he is referring to was, however, never disclosed.
Checks by Joy News’ Manasseh Azure Awune has revealed it is not true that he was arrested.
Officials at the Police Criminal Investigations Department (CID), the local chapter of International Police or Interpol and also the Dansoman police station, where he was alleged to have been placed under arrest said they have no idea who he is or what he has done.
Who is Ibrahim Dauda
There is not much about Ibrahim Dauda’s biodata on the internet, but what is visible about him online is the display or flashy and expensive vehicles.
These pictures are mostly displayed on social media platforms on Instagram, Snapchat, Twitter and YouTube.
Some of the vehicles include the convertible Mercedes Benz, Bentley, G-Wagon, Range Rover, Ferrari and convertible Audi.
Mr Dauda is not shy to showcase his plethora of vehicles although the source of his worth is not visible.
He made the news in December 2017 when he distributed iPhone 7 to all passengers on a public transport he took in Accra on his birthday.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Chinese Police use alleged criminal’s childhood photo for wanted poster
- Black Friday: Randy Abbey’s critical questions to gov’t on road accidents
- Gov't taking firm steps to clear arrears owed caterers - Minister
- This is the world's busiest airport
- NDC mourns Black Friday road carnage victims
- Minority wants Roads, Transport and Interior ministers summoned over road carnage
- Chinery-Hesse outdoored as C'wealth Business and Tech African Chair
- Support passage, enforce vigilante law – Akufo-Addo tells Police
- Driver, mate subjected to physical abuse in police custody - Lawyer
- COP Kaneshie Area Apostolisation: A transformed church, the world's only hope -Aps Etrue
- COP Kaneshie Area Apostolisation: The Holy Spirit is your life's utility player -Aps Miah
- Black Friday! Close to 90 perish in 2 separate accidents
- Ministers’ discretion rights undermine corruption fight’
- Eight ways to save water
- South Dayi MP pushes for highway rest stop, cultural village at Peki