Some youth of the Buipe Traditional area has rubbished claims that a hospital project earmarked for the district has been hijacked by the Buipe Wura and his son Abu Jinapor.
The claim by the youth is in response to an earlier demonstration by a rival youth group who accused the Buipe Wura of taking over the project.
Youth of the Mankpan traditional area last week staged a demonstration accusing the chief of Buipe, his son and the District Chief Executive for Central Gonja of shortchanging them and moving the hospital to Buipe instead of its original location- Mankpan traditional area.
The president last month cut the sod for the construction of an ultra-modern hospital to replace the dilapidated Buipe hospital but there has been controversy over its siting.
Addressing a press conference Friday morning in Buipe a youth development chief Abdul Rahim Adam said the government decided to listen to the plea by the chief and people of Buipe to build a new hospital in the area.
He said in 2015 when the then president John Dramani Mahama visited the area, the chief again appealed for a hospital which he promised that his government would give it a consideration.
Mr Adam said subsequently a team from the assembly and the traditional council was tasked to identify a site for the project of which bilsikura was chosen.
He said it was therefore surprising that in 2017 a site at Mankpan was cleared at kabilpe for the hospital.
He said the Regional Security Council, therefore, decided to relocate the proposed site back to Buipe.
Mr. Adam said it was therefore untrue that the project was hijacked.
The Assemblywoman for the Buipe Electoral area Barichisu Mankri denied reports that the land earmarked for the hospital is a stream.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Curfew imposed at Bole over deadly chieftaincy clashes
- SSGL is Environmental, Sanitation Services Company of the Year
- 42 minors rescued from slavery on Volta Lake
- Trust God, build well - Minister advises potential victims of earth tremors
- Police open probe into sexual assault of British girls, teacher at gunpoint
- Accra Technical University to offer training in drone technology
- Free SHS: Kufuor poo-poo’s ‘rich must pay’ argument
- National Chief Imam honours Dr Bawumia
- Avoid redundancy exercise if possible – HR expert counsels practitioners
- Students Loan Trust releases GHS7m for applicants
- The levitating stone of Shivapur: A controversial ‘miracle’
- People going mad for Emirates’ ‘diamond covered’ plane
- Masterclass modeling event slated for Dec 22
- IMANI: On Drones, GHS boss, Dr. Nsiah-Asare is very Confused
- Kwaku Azar wants Audit Service Board scrapped