A man believed to be about 28 years, has been found hanging on a branch of a tree at the Junction of Apostle Sarfo’s Company, near Winneba Junction.
Chief Superintendent Godfrey Tetteh Adjirakor, Winneba District Police Commander, said they received a phone call on Tuesday morning that someone has committed suicide in the Apostle Sarfo Company neighbourhood.
He said a team of policemen went to the scene and found the lifeless body of a man dressed in a blue Jeans trouser with a white T-shirt hanging on a tree branch.
An inspection was conducted on the body and a thorough search was also done in the area but nothing was found to identify the deceased to reach a family member.
Chief Superintendent Adjirakor said the body of the deceased had since been deposited at the Trauma and Specialist Hospital in Winneba for preservation and autopsy.
He said they will investigate to ascertain what happened.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Veep accident: Injured security personnel, passengers discharged
- Nyantakyi and another freed by court
- 233 communities to benefit from grid expansion in Ashanti Region
- Meteorological Agency gets 10 automatic weather stations
- 'Tinder for cows' matches livestock in the mood for love
- Establish counselling departments in schools – GNACC
- Spousal violence is a crime report all cases – CHRAJ
- Vice President involved in accident, one dead
- Photos: Hungary opens consulate in Kumasi
- GNPC CEO, Board Chair in turf war over Procurement Manager hiring
- Woman goes viral for reviewing brands of soap on how good they taste
- Short Commission: Police testimonies show breakdown in command, control – Bentil
- Manhyia widows praise Opoku-Prempeh
- Luxury car owners, others to protest tax
- This company will confess to your crush if you’re too shy to do it yourself