A man believed to be about 28 years, has been found hanging on a branch of a tree at the Junction of Apostle Sarfo’s Company, near Winneba Junction.
Chief Superintendent Godfrey Tetteh Adjirakor, Winneba District Police Commander, said they received a phone call on Tuesday morning that someone has committed suicide in the Apostle Sarfo Company neighbourhood.
He said a team of policemen went to the scene and found the lifeless body of a man dressed in a blue Jeans trouser with a white T-shirt hanging on a tree branch.
An inspection was conducted on the body and a thorough search was also done in the area but nothing was found to identify the deceased to reach a family member.
Chief Superintendent Adjirakor said the body of the deceased had since been deposited at the Trauma and Specialist Hospital in Winneba for preservation and autopsy.
He said they will investigate to ascertain what happened.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Masterclass modeling event slated for Dec 22
- IMANI: On Drones, GHS boss, Dr. Nsiah-Asare is very Confused
- Kwaku Azar wants Audit Service Board scrapped
- NR security moves to calm tension in Dagbon
- Tremor in Accra: Fault lines active, prepare for earthquakes- Geological Service warns
- MAXMASS donates furniture to Tarkwa Senior High School
- Afrobarometer leaders receive Distinguished Africanist awards
- Drone Saga: Health Service boss discredits IMANI figures
- Video: We are not buying drones; GHS boss hits back at Minority
- 6 Menzgold customers arrested over invasion, violence
- Atwima Kwanwoma Rural Bank support farmers in four districts
- Process&Plant, Chint donate solar plant to Ghana Institution of Engineering
- Alliance for Science pushes for passage of Plant Breeders Bill into law
- Two arrested for attempting to cast spell on Akufo-Addo
- 60-year-old graduate is 2018 National Best Farmer