A man believed to be about 28 years, has been found hanging on a branch of a tree at the Junction of Apostle Sarfo’s Company, near Winneba Junction.
Chief Superintendent Godfrey Tetteh Adjirakor, Winneba District Police Commander, said they received a phone call on Tuesday morning that someone has committed suicide in the Apostle Sarfo Company neighbourhood.
He said a team of policemen went to the scene and found the lifeless body of a man dressed in a blue Jeans trouser with a white T-shirt hanging on a tree branch.
An inspection was conducted on the body and a thorough search was also done in the area but nothing was found to identify the deceased to reach a family member.
Chief Superintendent Adjirakor said the body of the deceased had since been deposited at the Trauma and Specialist Hospital in Winneba for preservation and autopsy.
He said they will investigate to ascertain what happened.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Lordina Mahama bags Master of Laws degree in UK
- Desperate pet owner offers his home to whoever finds his lost dog
- Ban on hunting , capturing of wild animals begins August 1
- Sandwinners destroying water source for Asutsuare residents
- Methodist Church Ghana won't support same-sex marriage
- Gov't to establish permanent body to protect, ensure media freedom
- Advocacy group applauds NaCCA boss
- Germany, Norway support KAIPTC’s maiden Kofi Annan Peace and Security Forum
- Gov't reiterates commitment to protecting journalists
- Left to rot: $2m Hyundai Gallopers sold for $276k
- Anti-GMO groups to call foreign witnesses in GMO court case
- Adjaye refutes architects’ allegation - Says firm is doing legitimate business
- Newspaper headlines : Friday, July 19, 2019
- Teachers urged to encourage students to excel
- Police open investigation into fatal Akrokerri mine pit collapse