Nestlé Ghana has appointed Philomena Tan, Business Executive Officer (BEO) for MILO® in Malaysia and Singapore as its new Managing Director.
This follows the recent appointment of outgoing Managing Director, Mrs. Freda Duplan who has been promoted Market Head of Nestlé Pakistan and is the First African Female to achieve this rank within the world’s largest Food and Beverage Company.
Philomena Tan brings to Ghana a wealth of experience having worked for over 20 years in Nestlé. She joined Nestlé Malaysia in 1997 as a Market Research Executive. From 1999 to 2009, she took on roles of increasing responsibility in Malaysia’s Ice Cream Business, before joining the MILO® Business Unit as Consumer Marketing Manager.
In 2011, she was promoted to Business Executive Officer (BEO) for Chilled Dairy after which she was appointed Business Executive Officer for MILO®, the largest Nestlé business in Malaysia and Singapore in terms of sales and profit.
Philomena Tan is the second Female Managing Director in the history of Nestlé Coastal Cluster (Ghana, Liberia, Sierra Leone). Her appointment forms part of Nestlé’s Global commitment to diversity and inclusiveness and the enhancement of gender balance in its workforce and empowerment of women across the entire value chain.
Market Head of Nestlé Central and West Africa, Remy Ejel described Philomena is an incredible Business Executive.
“Since the start of her career in Nestlé, She has demonstrated leadership, professionalism, and a drive for success at the highest level. Her knack for excellence and approach to challenges undoubtedly makes her suitable for this role,” Eiel added.”
Dr. John Kwaku Asamoah, Board Chairman of Nestlé Ghana and Managing Director of National Investment Bank (NIB), in congratulating her said, “We look forward to working with her as a team to continue contributing to economic development”.
Commenting on her appointment, Philomena Tan said, “I am honored to be appointed for this role. This is a new challenge and an opportunity to learn more about the rich culture of this continent and to work with the team to continue building the over 60 years’ legacy of Nestlé in Nutrition Health and Wellness in Ghana”.
Philomena Tan’s appointment is effective August 2018. Based in Accra, she will be responsible for overseeing Nestlé’s businesses in Ghana, Liberia and Sierra Leone under the Central and West Africa Region of the Company.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Lordina Mahama bags Master of Laws degree in UK
- Desperate pet owner offers his home to whoever finds his lost dog
- Ban on hunting , capturing of wild animals begins August 1
- Sandwinners destroying water source for Asutsuare residents
- Methodist Church Ghana won't support same-sex marriage
- Gov't to establish permanent body to protect, ensure media freedom
- Advocacy group applauds NaCCA boss
- Germany, Norway support KAIPTC’s maiden Kofi Annan Peace and Security Forum
- Gov't reiterates commitment to protecting journalists
- Left to rot: $2m Hyundai Gallopers sold for $276k
- Anti-GMO groups to call foreign witnesses in GMO court case
- Adjaye refutes architects’ allegation - Says firm is doing legitimate business
- Newspaper headlines : Friday, July 19, 2019
- Teachers urged to encourage students to excel
- Police open investigation into fatal Akrokerri mine pit collapse