President Nana Akufo-Addo, has revealed that Government will honour the late John Henry Mensah with a state burial, which will be held on Friday, August 17, 2018.
This announcement was made on Tuesday, August 7, 2018, when the family of the late J.H. Mensah paid a courtesy call on the President at Jubilee House, the seat of government.
In his brief remarks, President Akufo-Addo noted that J.H Mensah mentored him and many members of the Danquah-Dombo-Busia tradition, as well as many of the Members of Parliament who entered the House in 1996.
“From the days of Presidents Nkrumah through to Busia, and eventually Rawlings and J.A Kufuor, if there be anyone worthy of mention to have served his country well, then,” the President said.
He, thus, described J.H. Mensah’s passing as “a huge loss to this nation”, and assured the family, therefore, that a befitting burial ceremony will be given to him.
J.H Mensah, until his death, was a founding member of the governing New Patriotic Party. He served the country from 1953, till his passing on July 12, 2018, at the ripe old age of 89.
His last official appointment was in 2005, when he was appointed Senior Minister by the 2nd President of the 4th Republic, John Agyekum Kufuor.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Masterclass modeling event slated for Dec 22
- IMANI: On Drones, GHS boss, Dr. Nsiah-Asare is very Confused
- Kwaku Azar wants Audit Service Board scrapped
- NR security moves to calm tension in Dagbon
- Tremor in Accra: Fault lines active, prepare for earthquakes- Geological Service warns
- MAXMASS donates furniture to Tarkwa Senior High School
- Afrobarometer leaders receive Distinguished Africanist awards
- Drone Saga: Health Service boss discredits IMANI figures
- Video: We are not buying drones; GHS boss hits back at Minority
- 6 Menzgold customers arrested over invasion, violence
- Atwima Kwanwoma Rural Bank support farmers in four districts
- Process&Plant, Chint donate solar plant to Ghana Institution of Engineering
- Alliance for Science pushes for passage of Plant Breeders Bill into law
- Two arrested for attempting to cast spell on Akufo-Addo
- 60-year-old graduate is 2018 National Best Farmer