Webster University’s Accra’s campus will launch an open house on Thursday, August 9, where prospective students are invited to explore all the degrees the institution has to offer.
“We hope our open house will allow people to tour our campus and see all the courses and degree programs we have,” Christa Sanders, Director of the Ghana Campus at Webster, said.
She told the host of Super Morning Show on Joy FM, Daniel Dadzie, that the open house in East Legon will provide on-the-spot admission to those who qualify.
Webster University is a private non-profit institution with an enrollment of over 17,000 students. The college is U.S.-based but has campuses worldwide including Bangkok, Switzerland, Shanghai and Accra.
“I don’t think there are any other schools in the U.S. that have an international presence like ours – not as early as the 1970s,” Sanders said.
She added that the school offers metropolitan and corporate campuses (for evening classes). Online courses are also provided.
Webster University is accredited through the U.S. Higher Learning Commission and the Ghanaian National Accreditation Board. Degree programs include Psychology, Media Communications and Computer Science.
“It is the only American college in Ghana where you can get an American-accredited degree,” said Sanders.
University fees are catered to meet the Ghanaian market, said Martha Amankwah, Director of Enrollment Management at Webster University.
“We give scholarship opportunities here based on academic merit. [Applicants] must justify why they need a scholarship.”
She continued that eligible applicants may receive up to 25% off of tuition and fees. The deadline is August 15.
For more information, visit here.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Short Commission: Police testimonies show breakdown in command, control – Bentil
- Manhyia widows praise Opoku-Prempeh
- Luxury car owners, others to protest tax
- This company will confess to your crush if you’re too shy to do it yourself
- Karen Halm hosts students to celebrate Day of Women and Girls in Science
- Kasapreko and partners commission 400KWp solar plant
- EOCO, Police destroy unwholesome turkey at Kpone landfill site
- Police Commander was 'sidelined' in bloody by-election in his district
- Used ladies underwear, pads, hot cakes for money rituals
- NPA to collaborate with Navy to fight fuel smugglers
- Court punishes ICGC, Cross Road Ministries branches, over excessive noise-making
- EC received no briefing from police on operational plans – Jean Mensa reveals
- Short Commission’s day one sitting has given hope – Aning
- Akufo-Addo’s Lancing College recruits Ghanaian students
- New board of ECOWAS Brown Card scheme promises improved service