Webster University’s Accra’s campus will launch an open house on Thursday, August 9, where prospective students are invited to explore all the degrees the institution has to offer.
“We hope our open house will allow people to tour our campus and see all the courses and degree programs we have,” Christa Sanders, Director of the Ghana Campus at Webster, said.
She told the host of Super Morning Show on Joy FM, Daniel Dadzie, that the open house in East Legon will provide on-the-spot admission to those who qualify.
Webster University is a private non-profit institution with an enrollment of over 17,000 students. The college is U.S.-based but has campuses worldwide including Bangkok, Switzerland, Shanghai and Accra.
“I don’t think there are any other schools in the U.S. that have an international presence like ours – not as early as the 1970s,” Sanders said.
She added that the school offers metropolitan and corporate campuses (for evening classes). Online courses are also provided.
Webster University is accredited through the U.S. Higher Learning Commission and the Ghanaian National Accreditation Board. Degree programs include Psychology, Media Communications and Computer Science.
“It is the only American college in Ghana where you can get an American-accredited degree,” said Sanders.
University fees are catered to meet the Ghanaian market, said Martha Amankwah, Director of Enrollment Management at Webster University.
“We give scholarship opportunities here based on academic merit. [Applicants] must justify why they need a scholarship.”
She continued that eligible applicants may receive up to 25% off of tuition and fees. The deadline is August 15.
For more information, visit here.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Prioritise education, digital connectivity – Lagarde advises gov't
- The five top destinations to visit in 2019 – an insider’s guide
- “World’s prettiest man” has to show ID to prove he’s male
- Newspaper headlines: Tuesday, December 18, 2018
- Military brutality: CHRAJ recommends GH¢30,000 compensation to boy assaulted 2yrs ago
- Gambler petitions after betting company's refusal to pay win
- Graduates urged to explore opportunities under social intervention programmes
- Staff impersonators arrested for extorting money from patients at TTH
- Photos: University of Ghana sea turtle released after being held ‘hostage’ in Ekumfi
- KLM opens new flagship Crown Lounge at Amsterdam's Schiphol airport
- This company will pay you $100,000 to give up your smartphone for a year
- Suspended school feeding boss fires back: 'I have not engaged in malfeasance'
- Newspaper headlines: Monday, December 17, 2018
- 9 Chinese illegal miners arrested as ban on small-scale mining ends today
- Santa on the naughty list after 'swearing at children'