A former Constituency Deputy Secretary of the National Democratic Congress (NDC) in the Anlo Constituency, Wonder Victor Kutor, has donated over 10,000 exercise books to selected schools in the constituency.
The gesture, which is to help improve quality education through also included the donation of notepads and other stationery to both the selected schools and churches within the Anlo Constituency.
Speaking at a ceremony to hand over the books at Tegbi Evangelical Presby (E.P) Basic School, his alma mater, Mr.Kutor encouraged the students to take their lessons seriously in order to make the best out of their time in school which he said is a foundation for making succeeding in life.
“If you see me here today , it is because someone assisted me with what I needed to become who I am. That support I received which has always been a guiding principle is among the reasons I have come back again to offer similar support to you all to make it,” he told the students.
Mr Kutor, who worked as a research assistant at the Ministry of Energy and Petroleum between 2013 and 2015 and currently a Municipal Director with the Youth Employment Agency, told the students that they can aspire to any position in life so far as they put their mind to it and work towards it.
Receiving the books on behalf of the school, the headmaster, Mr. Seshie Christian thanked Mr. Kutor for his kind gesture.
He called on other past students of the school to emulate Mr. Kutor’s example by also donating educational materials which is needed to meet the teaching and learning needs of the school.
The Evangelical Presby Church, Ghana at Woe in the Anlo constituency was his next point of call with the donations.
The Assemblymen, Daniel Fiagbedzi and Nowel Kokoroko for the Tegbi Ashiata and Tegbi Afedome Electoral areas respectively also thanked Mr. Kutor for his kind gesture.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- People going mad for Emirates’ ‘diamond covered’ plane
- Masterclass modeling event slated for Dec 22
- IMANI: On Drones, GHS boss, Dr. Nsiah-Asare is very Confused
- Kwaku Azar wants Audit Service Board scrapped
- NR security moves to calm tension in Dagbon
- Tremor in Accra: Fault lines active, prepare for earthquakes- Geological Service warns
- MAXMASS donates furniture to Tarkwa Senior High School
- Afrobarometer leaders receive Distinguished Africanist awards
- Drone Saga: Health Service boss discredits IMANI figures
- Video: We are not buying drones; GHS boss hits back at Minority
- 6 Menzgold customers arrested over invasion, violence
- Atwima Kwanwoma Rural Bank support farmers in four districts
- Process&Plant, Chint donate solar plant to Ghana Institution of Engineering
- Alliance for Science pushes for passage of Plant Breeders Bill into law
- Two arrested for attempting to cast spell on Akufo-Addo