An exclusive financial autopsy report into the collapse of Capital Bank has revealed its majority shareholder, Ato Essien used ¢80m of depositors and public funds for his personal piggy bank.
The exclusive report to Joy News shows Mr Ato Essien who founded the bank, "flouted all banking and risk management rules" in the management of monies saved there by its customers.
The businessman personally invested these monies into businesses in breach of standard corporate governance practices.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Withdraw bill to regulate training of lawyers – Legal practioners, MPs
- Foreign Minister itemises utilisation of $3b China loan
- Ugandan cows 'to get birth certificates'
- Immigration foils trafficking of 7 girls
- Ghanaian scientists to be profiled at landmark scientific meeting
- 2nd Edition of Driver & Road Safety Awards launched
- Suspend prosecution of Menzgold CEO, help us retrieve cash - Aggrieved customers
- Poly Tank receives second Superbrand award
- Rev. Steve Mensah, CEM to build ‘Ability Village' for PWDs
- Autism school nears collapse as ¢200k investment for kids is locked up
- Textbook publishers to be certified by NaCCA
- Afoko pleads not guilty to murder charges
- Sandema SHTS: Student dies after clashes with police
- Concerned old boys of Bishop Herman College raise funds to buy mono-desks
- Prof Bawole appointed Dean of University of Ghana Business School