An exclusive financial autopsy report into the collapse of Capital Bank has revealed its majority shareholder, Ato Essien used ¢80m of depositors and public funds for his personal piggy bank.
The exclusive report to Joy News shows Mr Ato Essien who founded the bank, "flouted all banking and risk management rules" in the management of monies saved there by its customers.
The businessman personally invested these monies into businesses in breach of standard corporate governance practices.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- People going mad for Emirates’ ‘diamond covered’ plane
- Masterclass modeling event slated for Dec 22
- IMANI: On Drones, GHS boss, Dr. Nsiah-Asare is very Confused
- Kwaku Azar wants Audit Service Board scrapped
- NR security moves to calm tension in Dagbon
- Tremor in Accra: Fault lines active, prepare for earthquakes- Geological Service warns
- MAXMASS donates furniture to Tarkwa Senior High School
- Afrobarometer leaders receive Distinguished Africanist awards
- Drone Saga: Health Service boss discredits IMANI figures
- Video: We are not buying drones; GHS boss hits back at Minority
- 6 Menzgold customers arrested over invasion, violence
- Atwima Kwanwoma Rural Bank support farmers in four districts
- Process&Plant, Chint donate solar plant to Ghana Institution of Engineering
- Alliance for Science pushes for passage of Plant Breeders Bill into law
- Two arrested for attempting to cast spell on Akufo-Addo