An exclusive financial autopsy report into the collapse of Capital Bank has revealed its majority shareholder, Ato Essien used ¢80m of depositors and public funds for his personal piggy bank.
The exclusive report to Joy News shows Mr Ato Essien who founded the bank, "flouted all banking and risk management rules" in the management of monies saved there by its customers.
The businessman personally invested these monies into businesses in breach of standard corporate governance practices.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Veep accident: Injured security personnel, passengers discharged
- Nyantakyi and another freed by court
- 233 communities to benefit from grid expansion in Ashanti Region
- Meteorological Agency gets 10 automatic weather stations
- 'Tinder for cows' matches livestock in the mood for love
- Establish counselling departments in schools – GNACC
- Spousal violence is a crime report all cases – CHRAJ
- Vice President involved in accident, one dead
- Photos: Hungary opens consulate in Kumasi
- GNPC CEO, Board Chair in turf war over Procurement Manager hiring
- Woman goes viral for reviewing brands of soap on how good they taste
- Short Commission: Police testimonies show breakdown in command, control – Bentil
- Manhyia widows praise Opoku-Prempeh
- Luxury car owners, others to protest tax
- This company will confess to your crush if you’re too shy to do it yourself