Some 12 Ghanaians, nine Chinese and a Togolese suspected to be illegal miners have been arrested at sites by personnel of the Western Forward Operating Base (FOB) of Operation Vanguard team.
Other bases of Operation Vanguard conducted similar patrols on August,8, 2018 and seized several items but made no arrests.
These patrols were conducted in about 16 communities across four mining zones in four regions.
The communities include Akanteng, Osenase, Asamankese, Dwenase, Osino and Apradan in the Akyem West, Fanteakwa and Kwahu West Districts of the Eastern region; Bepotenten in the Amansie Central District of the Ashanti region.
Hiawa, Prestea and Enyinam in the Amenfi Central and Prestea Huni Valley Districts of the Western region and Adahamase, Assin Asamang in the Atiwa Nwabiagya District of the Central region.
Of those arrested, 7 Ghanaians, 6 Chinese and 1 Togolese were arrested in the Amenfi Central District while three Chinese and five Ghanaians were arrested in the Prestea Huni Valley District all of the Western region.
All suspected persons were handed over to Manso Amenfi and Prestea Police stations respectively.
Items immobilised during the operation included 2 Excavators, 24 Changfan machines, 10 Floating platforms, and 3 Grease Guns. Items seized included 1 Excavator, 1 Nissan Navara pick up, 1 Motor cycle, 2 Control boards, 2 Monitors 1 Battery and 2 Pump Action guns.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- SSGL is Environmental, Sanitation Services Company of the Year
- 42 minors rescued from slavery on Volta Lake
- Trust God, build well - Minister advises potential victims of earth tremors
- Police open probe into sexual assault of British girls, teacher at gunpoint
- Accra Technical University to offer training in drone technology
- Free SHS: Kufuor poo-poo’s ‘rich must pay’ argument
- National Chief Imam honours Dr Bawumia
- Avoid redundancy exercise if possible – HR expert counsels practitioners
- Students Loan Trust releases GHS7m for applicants
- The levitating stone of Shivapur: A controversial ‘miracle’
- People going mad for Emirates’ ‘diamond covered’ plane
- Masterclass modeling event slated for Dec 22
- IMANI: On Drones, GHS boss, Dr. Nsiah-Asare is very Confused
- Kwaku Azar wants Audit Service Board scrapped
- NR security moves to calm tension in Dagbon