The National Chief Imam Sheikh Usmanu Nuhu Sharubutu has commended Joy News' multiple award-winning journalist Latif Iddrisu for winning the prestigious mining reporter of the year award and a special award in the fight against galamsey at this year's Ghana Mining Industry Awards and the GJA awards.
The national Chief Imam shared in the joy by praising God for the awards.
Iddrisu is steadily recovering from a head injury he suffered at the hands of some personnel of the Ghana Police Service earlier this year when he went there to report on the arrest of then-NDC Deputy General Secretary Koku Anyidoho.
The Chief Imam used the opportunity to pray for God's protection for the multiple award-winner; asking God to protect him and keep him safe from fear.
He also urged Muslim youth that regardless of where they find themselves, they should contribute their quota to help make Ghana a better place.
This happened at the residence of the National Chief Imam when Latif Iddrisu presented the awards to the eminent leader of the Muslim community in Ghana.
He also prayed for Muslim families, particularly the youth and the leadership of the country.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- New education curricula didn’t have our input - NAGRAT
- Ghana's Martha Pobee to review UN resource mobilisation policy
- Making Accra cleanest city in Africa by 2020: Akufo-Addo making progress?
- Obuasi alive with clients exhibition, trade show
- SONA 2019: Toilets provision evidence of $1m for each constituency pledge
- Photo of the week: The Rawlings-Akufo-Addo bromance continues
- Gov't announces plans to avert perennial Bagre Dam spillage
- GES to introduce new curricula for next academic year
- SONA 2019: Akufo-Addo breaks silence over Menzgold saga
- SONA 2019: Akufo-Addo announces new curriculum for KG to P6
- SONA 2019: 62nd Independence Day celebrations to be held in Tamale
- SONA 2019: I'm mindful of next generation not next election – Akufo-Addo
- Aggrieved customers of Gold Coast Fund Management threaten demo
- Newspaper headlines: Thursday, February 21, 2019
- Accra gets mechanical street sweepers for heavy traffic roads