The National Chief Imam Sheikh Usmanu Nuhu Sharubutu has commended Joy News' multiple award-winning journalist Latif Iddrisu for winning the prestigious mining reporter of the year award and a special award in the fight against galamsey at this year's Ghana Mining Industry Awards and the GJA awards.
The national Chief Imam shared in the joy by praising God for the awards.
Iddrisu is steadily recovering from a head injury he suffered at the hands of some personnel of the Ghana Police Service earlier this year when he went there to report on the arrest of then-NDC Deputy General Secretary Koku Anyidoho.
The Chief Imam used the opportunity to pray for God's protection for the multiple award-winner; asking God to protect him and keep him safe from fear.
He also urged Muslim youth that regardless of where they find themselves, they should contribute their quota to help make Ghana a better place.
This happened at the residence of the National Chief Imam when Latif Iddrisu presented the awards to the eminent leader of the Muslim community in Ghana.
He also prayed for Muslim families, particularly the youth and the leadership of the country.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Threat of terror: ‘Be vigilant of suspicious behaviours’ - GPCC
- This woman claims she can’t find a job because of her good looks
- The ‘sacred forests’ of northern Ethiopia
- We're confident missing Taadi girls will be found - Ghana Gas to families
- Police retrieve Stonebwoy’s pistol
- 6th National Policy Summit launched
- Photos: Methodist Girls' SHS wins 2019 World ROBOFEST competition
- That's My Opinion: If it's good in America then it's good in Ghana?
- Photos: Ayariga fears for his cars after 45-mins rain
- Man chooses jail over going home to wife
- Church terror scare: Sunday school children are easy targets - Police
- Adopt positive attitude towards Ghana's dev't - Papa Owusu-Ankomah
- Two staff at Office of Special Prosecutor allegedly steal fuel
- Thousands of Burkinabes flee to Ghana over unrest
- Newspaper headlines: Monday, May 20, 2019