Santa goes from festive favourite to foul-mouthed yob as he apparently tries to evacuate a building after smoke alarms go off. A Santa Claus has been criticised by parents after he allegedly swore at children.
The Santa, whose human alias has not been revealed, had been in his grotto at a family event in St Ives, Cambridgeshire, when fire alarms were activated by smoke from another event nearby.
Parents said the festive favourite had then "ripped off his hat and beard" and "used the most vile language", shocking the dozens of children who had been waiting to meet him.
One told Cambridgeshire Live: "People were in the process of vacating the building and in came angry Santa swearing using the most vile language, ripping off his hat and beard with steam literally coming from his ears...not sure why he was so cross?"
Another parent said: "My friend's little boy was upset as his dad was carrying him when Santa told them to 'get the f*** out'.
"We told our children he wasn't the real Santa.
"He was an impostor and will be going on the naughty list."
Responding to complaints, Festival Events St Ives said Santa had "immediately assisted in the evacuation of the building" after the alarms went off at the Sunday event.
"FESt wish to apologise for any offence or distress caused to parents and children by the attempts to ensure all visitors and staff had exited the building and were safe.”
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Undercover investigator killing: Homicide Unit takes over probe
- Killing of undercover investigator: President expects justice ‘as soon as possible’
- Kennedy Agyapong calls for Anas arrest over Ahmed murder
- Yendi gets $30m water supply project after peaceful chieftancy process
- Family of killed undercover investigator demand justice
- We are devastated by Hussein-Suale dastardly killing - Tiger Eye PI
- Your security is in your hands - Former CID Director cautions
- Social media reaction to killing of undercover investigator
- Anas’ partner killing: Kennedy Agyapong has questions to answer – Lawyer
- Nomadic herdsmen invade Sekyere Central; officials to use diplomatic approach
- 53 soldiers sue Menzgold over GH¢2.5m locked up investment
- Newspaper headlines: Thursday, January 17, 2019
- Anas' key partner shot dead
- PHOTOS+VIDEO: Huge fire destroys Odawna Market
- PTA Council laments use of 'inexperienced' NABCo teachers for SHS