A burglar has admitted breaking into a funeral home and having sex with a corpse.
Kasim Khuram, from Aston, in Birmingham, pleaded guilty on Wednesday to an offence of sexual penetration of a body at the Co-Op Funeral Home in Walsall Road, UK.
A judge adjourned Khuram’s sentencing for a psychiatric report until January 31, 2019, but warned the defendant he was facing a ‘substantial’ jail term.
Khuram, who appeared in custody in Birmingham Crown Court dock flanked by a security officer, touched his chest and gave the thumbs-up to supporters in the public gallery, during a 10-minute hearing on Wednesday.
The 23-year-old also admitted burglary of the funeral home, breaking into the building with the intention of stealing. Wearing a black hooded top and trousers and sporting a Palestinian flag tattoo on the left side of his neck, he stood with hands clutched in front of him as the charges were read.
The offence he admitted stated: ‘You intended an act of penetration by a part of a body, by a part of your body.
‘The penetration being sexual and knowing or being reckless as to knowing that is what was being penetrated.’
The court heard he was briefly sectioned on arrest. Judge Francis Laird QC said: ‘I will adjourn your sentence to the date that has been raised in court.
‘I will allow your solicitors the appropriate time to present to the court a medical report which your solicitor thinks will assist in delivering the appropriate sentence for you.
‘But you must be under no illusion that you will receive a sentence of imprisonment for your offending in this case – a substantial sentence of imprisonment.’
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Law enforcement won't stop frequent accidents at same location - Police
- World Bank praises Free SHS, pledges support
- Ewutu Senya West MP donates school block, start-up cash to constituents
- ‘It won’t stop accidents' – Expert downplays NRSC push be an Authority
- Takoradi: Missing one-year-old boy found
- From the newsstands: Tuesday, March 26, 2019
- General Legal Council blamed for Law School brouhaha
- Man spikes co-workers’ drinks with LSD because they had “negative energy”
- The secret to Danish happiness?
- University of Utah, USA to start MPH degree program in Ghana at Ensign College
- Intelligence reveals transmission line hacking sabotage – Energy Minister
- Transport Minister condemns indiscipline on roads, visits accident victims
- NSMQ: VASEC, Zion College win in Volta qualifiers
- Swedru Municipal guard, others in assault video remanded
- Twifo Herman: 21 Persons critically injured after heavy downpour