The President at the Presidential Media Encounter on Wednesday vehemently denied suggestions that he painted an unrealistic picture of the economy.
Ebo Quansah of The Chronicle newspaper had preceded his question to the President during the Q&A session with a remark that the Nana Akufo-Addo painted a glossy picture of the economy, suggesting the situation on the ground did not reflect that.
Mr Quansah had wanted to know why the impressive GDP and inflation figures did not translate into better living conditions for the ordinary Ghanaian.
However, in a reply, the President said the claim that he has painted a glossy picture is inaccurate and urged the Journalist to speak to the figures he has put out.
Listen to the encounter in the audio below. The first voice is that of Ebo Quansah. The President’s reaction follows immediately after.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- PHOTOS: Michel Camp armoury explosions send ammunition into homes
- 2 nabbed in Kumasi for dealing in fake vehicle number plates
- Newspaper headlines: Wednesday, January 16, 2019
- Angel-Zoe Foundation donates to James Camp Prison, Borstal Home
- NAM 1 extradition should be easy – Antwi-Danso refutes contrary views
- Fire, explosions hit Michel Camp armoury
- Director of Education bemoans poor teacher competency in literacy, numeracy
- “Yellowman of Aleppo” has been wearing only yellow for 35 years
- 5 reasons tourists won’t want to skip a trip to Ghana in 2019
- World's 'loneliest' frog gets a date
- EOCO freezes NAM1’s accounts
- A true African patriot is free - Rawlings lauds Gbagbo victory at ICC
- NAM1 extradition close to impossible - Lawyer
- GES clarifies academic calendar
- Police officer, 2 others busted for robbery