The President at the Presidential Media Encounter on Wednesday vehemently denied suggestions that he painted an unrealistic picture of the economy.
Ebo Quansah of The Chronicle newspaper had preceded his question to the President during the Q&A session with a remark that the Nana Akufo-Addo painted a glossy picture of the economy, suggesting the situation on the ground did not reflect that.
Mr Quansah had wanted to know why the impressive GDP and inflation figures did not translate into better living conditions for the ordinary Ghanaian.
However, in a reply, the President said the claim that he has painted a glossy picture is inaccurate and urged the Journalist to speak to the figures he has put out.
Listen to the encounter in the audio below. The first voice is that of Ebo Quansah. The President’s reaction follows immediately after.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- NSMQ: VASEC, Zion College win in Volta qualifiers
- Swedru Municipal guard, others in assault video remanded
- Twifo Herman: 21 Persons critically injured after heavy downpour
- Adaklu SHS debuts at NSMQ as Abutia SHTS scores -3
- 200 students displaced in Tamale as St. Charles SHS dormitory catches fire
- Akufo-Addo to host state banquet in honour of Asantehene
- Official collusion: Nigerians, Ivorian, others get Ghana birth certs cheaply
- KNUST Lecturer receives L'Oréal-UNESCO award
- Biheco shrugs off MAKSTEC, KRASTEC, in NSMQ qualifiers
- Basic schools in Agona West Municipality observe clean up day
- Black Stars vs Harambees: 15 photos you missed from the Afcon qualifier
- Awake Purified Drinking Water rescues Okwampa, Ayensuako residents from water crisis
- 'If we become an authority, we'll bite' - Road Safety Commission boss
- GRIDCo’s transmission tower in Tema hacked down
- Today's newspaper headlines: Monday, March 25, 2019