The President at the Presidential Media Encounter on Wednesday vehemently denied suggestions that he painted an unrealistic picture of the economy.
Ebo Quansah of The Chronicle newspaper had preceded his question to the President during the Q&A session with a remark that the Nana Akufo-Addo painted a glossy picture of the economy, suggesting the situation on the ground did not reflect that.
Mr Quansah had wanted to know why the impressive GDP and inflation figures did not translate into better living conditions for the ordinary Ghanaian.
However, in a reply, the President said the claim that he has painted a glossy picture is inaccurate and urged the Journalist to speak to the figures he has put out.
Listen to the encounter in the audio below. The first voice is that of Ebo Quansah. The President’s reaction follows immediately after.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Application for Jack Ma's Africa Netpreneur prize to close on June 30
- No 'dumsor' on Black Stars match days - PDS
- What it's like to vacation in Iraq
- NSMQ2019 Day 2 wrap: Kumasi derby that broke KASS hearts, kick seeded school out
- Thought-provoking quotes from Joy FM's Super Morning Show
- NaCCA finalizes ‘anti-corruption’ integrity education manual for students
- Former Dep minister's son found dead in Manhattan
- NSMQ2019: 1pt difference as OWASS dumps KASS, OKESS in Kumasi derby
- Photos: Dag Heward-Mills visits Archbishop of Canterbury
- 3 arrested for robbing fetish priest, kidnapping son
- Kindergarten pupil dies after falling in septic tank
- Chinese suspect in banned Rosewood trade re-arrested
- Asantehene destools second chief in a week
- NSMQ2019: How St Ignatius used 'Problem of the Day' to kick out a seeded school
- Pepsodent supports SOS Children Village Founder’s Day