Some people will do anything to avoid taking their car to the garage for a repair.
This unnamed driver took some inspiration from Mr Bean and fitted bolts and padlocks to the outside instead of getting it fixed.
Thomas Godfrey, 49, spotted the handy work while he was driving in Barnet, north London, and couldn’t resist taking a snap of the silver Peugeot.
The driver took some inspiration from Mr Bean when he fixed his car
Mr Bean famously locked up his mini with a padlock
Thomas, from Bermondsey, south London, said: ‘I don’t know why you would do that – why would you do that? You’d have to get it fixed properly, wouldn’t you? One lock, yeah maybe, but two locks? It’s just crazy.
It’s like he’s gone down to B&Q and spent £20 on locks. ‘The thing that got me is that he’s put the duct tape over the lock so that no water gets in. ‘One lock would have been fine – a padlock would have done it rather than the gate lock as well.
Thomas added: ‘I thought it was crazy. The guy did give me a funny look as I was peering at him. ‘Obviously I’m trying to look and thinking “what a weird thing, this geezer must be a right weirdo”. ‘It’s a bit of a nuts things to do, to be honest with you.
‘Obviously you’re not supposed to be using a mobile phone at the wheel no matter what but we were stationary in traffic and I couldn’t resist it.’
Mr Bean famously locked up his car with a padlock on the outside of his green mini in the hit sitcom. But despite the comparisons made with Rowan Atkinson’s beloved character,
Thomas admits he’s never even watched Mr Bean. The full-time driver said: ‘I’ve never watched Mr Bean – I know he’s got a little green mini.’
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Law enforcement won't stop frequent accidents - Police
- World Bank praises Free SHS, pledges support
- Ewutu Senya West MP donates school block, start-up cash to constituents
- ‘It won’t stop accidents' – Expert downplays NRSC push be an Authority
- Takoradi: Missing one-year-old boy found
- From the newsstands: Tuesday, March 26, 2019
- General Legal Council blamed for Law School brouhaha
- Man spikes co-workers’ drinks with LSD because they had “negative energy”
- The secret to Danish happiness?
- University of Utah, USA to start MPH degree program in Ghana at Ensign College
- Intelligence reveals transmission line hacking sabotage – Energy Minister
- Transport Minister condemns indiscipline on roads, visits accident victims
- NSMQ: VASEC, Zion College win in Volta qualifiers
- Swedru Municipal guard, others in assault video remanded
- Twifo Herman: 21 Persons critically injured after heavy downpour