Some people will do anything to avoid taking their car to the garage for a repair.
This unnamed driver took some inspiration from Mr Bean and fitted bolts and padlocks to the outside instead of getting it fixed.
Thomas Godfrey, 49, spotted the handy work while he was driving in Barnet, north London, and couldn’t resist taking a snap of the silver Peugeot.
The driver took some inspiration from Mr Bean when he fixed his car
Mr Bean famously locked up his mini with a padlock
Thomas, from Bermondsey, south London, said: ‘I don’t know why you would do that – why would you do that? You’d have to get it fixed properly, wouldn’t you? One lock, yeah maybe, but two locks? It’s just crazy.
It’s like he’s gone down to B&Q and spent £20 on locks. ‘The thing that got me is that he’s put the duct tape over the lock so that no water gets in. ‘One lock would have been fine – a padlock would have done it rather than the gate lock as well.
Thomas added: ‘I thought it was crazy. The guy did give me a funny look as I was peering at him. ‘Obviously I’m trying to look and thinking “what a weird thing, this geezer must be a right weirdo”. ‘It’s a bit of a nuts things to do, to be honest with you.
‘Obviously you’re not supposed to be using a mobile phone at the wheel no matter what but we were stationary in traffic and I couldn’t resist it.’
Mr Bean famously locked up his car with a padlock on the outside of his green mini in the hit sitcom. But despite the comparisons made with Rowan Atkinson’s beloved character,
Thomas admits he’s never even watched Mr Bean. The full-time driver said: ‘I’ve never watched Mr Bean – I know he’s got a little green mini.’
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Controversy-plagued UEW halts 2019 graduation
- Wa regional hospital boss sacked
- Name those you accuse – Dr. Akwetey tells 'undermined' Special Prosecutor
- Tiger fleeing floodwaters breaks into home, relaxes in bed
- Residents chase out police for bringing back alleged witches
- Video: Baako explains why police disobeyed court order on Afoko bail
- Lordina Mahama bags Master of Laws degree in UK
- Desperate pet owner offers his home to whoever finds his lost dog
- Ban on hunting , capturing of wild animals begins August 1
- Sandwinners destroying water source for Asutsuare residents
- Methodist Church Ghana won't support same-sex marriage
- Gov't to establish permanent body to protect, ensure media freedom
- Advocacy group applauds NaCCA boss
- Germany, Norway support KAIPTC’s maiden Kofi Annan Peace and Security Forum
- Gov't reiterates commitment to protecting journalists