The Tema Community Four Central Assemblies of God Church pastor has been stabbed to death.
Rev. David Nabegmado according to an eyewitness was stabbed multiple times at the church premises by an unknown assailant who was dressed in a suit.
The eyewitness who is also a member of the church told Myjoyonline.com the pastor was in his office getting ready for Sunday’s service when the attacker pounced on him.
He was rushed to the hospital but unfortunately succumbed to his stab wounds before he could be attended to.
Photo: Suspect in a police vehicle
The perpetrator of the crime was pursued by some members of the community and accosted after he attempted to escape in a taxi.
He is currently in police custody.
According to the eyewitness the service was held anyway but members of the church are distraught.
None of them knew the assailant and they are shocked that such a thing took place in the House of God.
Video: The scene at the church when the suspect was arrested
Have your say
More News Headlines
- U.S. Ambassador reinforces commitment to Sustainable Development in NR
- Party security are militias not vigilantes - Abotsi defends Short C’ssion
- Corpses, carcasses in drought-hit Kenya
- World's most expensive cities revealed
- Settle your indebtedness to GBC or face prosecution - PAC
- Samira secures Indian scholarship and free care for special pediatric cases
- UEW Council stands by decision to sack 3 lecturers
- Did CAF steal Ghanaian beatmaker’s soundtrack?
- Climate summit: Groups express concerns over forest decline in Africa
- NSMQ: Nafana, 3 others win in Brong Ahafo qualifiers
- OBOSS shows who is boss in NSMQ2019 qualifiers
- That's My Opinion: ‘De-tribalising’ Ghana
- Driver, mate in police officer assault charged
- Council statement on recent disturbances on UEW Campuses in Winneba
- Chereponi: One more person dead as humanitarian crisis worsens