The Tema Community Four Central Assemblies of God Church pastor has been stabbed to death.
Rev. David Nabegmado according to an eyewitness was stabbed multiple times at the church premises by an unknown assailant who was dressed in a suit.
The eyewitness who is also a member of the church told Myjoyonline.com the pastor was in his office getting ready for Sunday’s service when the attacker pounced on him.
He was rushed to the hospital but unfortunately succumbed to his stab wounds before he could be attended to.
Photo: Suspect in a police vehicle
The perpetrator of the crime was pursued by some members of the community and accosted after he attempted to escape in a taxi.
He is currently in police custody.
According to the eyewitness the service was held anyway but members of the church are distraught.
None of them knew the assailant and they are shocked that such a thing took place in the House of God.
Video: The scene at the church when the suspect was arrested
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Ga West Municipal Assembly auctions 4 "arrested" goats for ¢665
- BOST signs Collective Bargaining Agreement with Senior Staff
- Ethiopian Airlines is Africa’s Best Airline for 3rd consecutive year
- Stereotyping Nigerians: High Commissioner was right to caution media
- Judge summons IGP, CID boss as contempt looms
- Sonrise fails to shine as Pope John record first NSMQ win in two years
- A few Nigerians committing crimes in Ghana - Dr Antwi Danso
- Agyenim Boateng blasts CID for arresting Nigerian professor
- No arrests made in fatal Achimota clashes
- CAMFED echos call for more action against teenage pregnancy
- Catholic Bishop wants to drop holy water out of a helicopter in mass exorcism
- From the newsstands: Wednesday, June 19, 2019
- Worldwide displacement tops 70m - UN urges solidarity in response
- ‘Show us this idiot’: Nigerian community wants to meet suspect in missing Taadi girls case
- High court backs NCA’s 45km maximum coverage radius for radio stations