The Tema Community Four Central Assemblies of God Church pastor has been stabbed to death.
Rev. David Nabegmado according to an eyewitness was stabbed multiple times at the church premises by an unknown assailant who was dressed in a suit.
The eyewitness who is also a member of the church told Myjoyonline.com the pastor was in his office getting ready for Sunday’s service when the attacker pounced on him.
He was rushed to the hospital but unfortunately succumbed to his stab wounds before he could be attended to.
Photo: Suspect in a police vehicle
The perpetrator of the crime was pursued by some members of the community and accosted after he attempted to escape in a taxi.
He is currently in police custody.
According to the eyewitness the service was held anyway but members of the church are distraught.
None of them knew the assailant and they are shocked that such a thing took place in the House of God.
Video: The scene at the church when the suspect was arrested
Have your say
More News Headlines
- A Rocha Ghana to open first Atewa Forest exhibition
- Gov't to launch new national tolling policy
- Woman takes clothes off in front of bank manager in attempt to secure a loan
- Video/Photos: This alleged ‘mad man’ torched 5 vehicles at mechanic shop
- HR Focus holds career clinic
- Supreme Court dismisses Exton Cubic case
- GhLA to revamp school, community libraries to encourage reading habits
- Education Minister makes case for promoting French language
- Tree stumps on Sene River make transportation, fishing dangerous
- Newspaper headlines: Tuesday, January 22, 2019
- Hussien-Suale’s murder: Anas, everybody is a suspect – Lawyer
- Anas dedicates latest award to slain Ahmed Hussein-Suale
- Ghana’s popular tourist sites to receive facelift in 2019
- Child draws all over dad’s passport; dad gets stuck in South Korea
- Ghanaian lawyers appeal to IGP, Interior Minister to stop "brazen" murders