A devastating fire swept through several provision stores at the Adum Central Business district of Kumasi, Sunday, December 30.
The cause of the fire which started around 2am is not known immediately but it has destroyed provisions running into millions of cedis, Luv FM’s Erastus Asare Donkor has reported.
The shopping area close to the Kejetia enclave of the Ashanti region houses a number of merchants dealing in food items and general wares.
Fire fighters are still battling the blaze, the reporter added.
Some traders and shop owners got to the scene only to find their wares totally destroyed by the fire. A few could be seen gathering a number of items salvaged from the blaze.
See photos below:
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Anas' key partner shot dead
- PHOTOS+VIDEO: Huge fire destroys Odawna Market
- PTA Council laments use of 'inexperienced' NABCo teachers for SHS
- Man secretly marries 3 women, gets them apartments in the same neighborhood
- Mystery of Easter Island's statues finally solved
- Raging fire consumes Nkrumah Circle market
- Political vigilantism: There will be an explosion in 2020 if... - Kofi Boakye
- Mahama-gay activist photo endorsed LGBT rights - NPP equalise over Menzgold
- UNHCR: Sustainably Supporting Refugees in Ghana
- 3 arrested for murdering 14-yr-old for ritual purposes
- Estate manager denies killer of GPHA manager came through gate
- Bosomtwe collapsed bridge hampering economic activities
- Infographic: How Menzgold crumbled to pieces
- Michel Camp explosions: Military will not relocate
- Gov’t advocates for more Forestry Commission resources