A devastating fire swept through several provision stores at the Adum Central Business district of Kumasi, Sunday, December 30.
The cause of the fire which started around 2am is not known immediately but it has destroyed provisions running into millions of cedis, Luv FM’s Erastus Asare Donkor has reported.
The shopping area close to the Kejetia enclave of the Ashanti region houses a number of merchants dealing in food items and general wares.
Fire fighters are still battling the blaze, the reporter added.
Some traders and shop owners got to the scene only to find their wares totally destroyed by the fire. A few could be seen gathering a number of items salvaged from the blaze.
See photos below:
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Chinery-Hesse outdoored as C'wealth Business and Tech African Chair
- Support passage, enforce vigilante law – Akufo-Addo tells Police
- Driver, mate subjected to physical abuse in police custody - Lawyer
- COP Kaneshie Area Apostolisation: A transformed church, the world's only hope -Aps Etrue
- COP Kaneshie Area Apostolisation: The Holy Spirit is your life's utility player -Aps Miah
- Black Friday! Close to 90 perish in 2 separate accidents
- Ministers’ discretion rights undermine corruption fight’
- Eight ways to save water
- South Dayi MP pushes for highway rest stop, cultural village at Peki
- Kintampo-Techiman road crash: 53 survived Friday fatality - Police
- Climate Week: Youth Groups across Africa march to demand immediate action
- 2 Dismissed Fire Service officers reinstated
- Nigeria, a sleeping tourism giant that needs awakening
- Anas frustrated by Police apathy in Hussein-Suale's murder probe
- Police request Parliament to release Ken Agyapong over assault complaint