A devastating fire swept through several provision stores at the Adum Central Business district of Kumasi, Sunday, December 30.
The cause of the fire which started around 2am is not known immediately but it has destroyed provisions running into millions of cedis, Luv FM’s Erastus Asare Donkor has reported.
The shopping area close to the Kejetia enclave of the Ashanti region houses a number of merchants dealing in food items and general wares.
Fire fighters are still battling the blaze, the reporter added.
Some traders and shop owners got to the scene only to find their wares totally destroyed by the fire. A few could be seen gathering a number of items salvaged from the blaze.
See photos below:
Have your say
More News Headlines
- The holiday destination no one has heard of
- Assistant U.S. Secretary of State for Consular Affairs visits Ghana
- 7 die in gory accident as vehicle plunges into valley
- Bright Minds Foundation to provide housing, financial support to defiled 13-yr-old
- Video: Customers storm Zoe Outreach Embassy to demand locked-up investment
- Ace Ankomah finds a cause to rant in Takoradi
- SSNIT wants contribution rate reviewed
- Let’s collaborate to run mission schools - Presbyterian University president to govt
- GNPC Foundation secures scholarship for students in rural communities
- Ex-convict sent back to prison for stealing
- Retired army officer criticises presser on Canadian girls’ rescue
- Odumase police investigate alleged lynching of unidentified man
- 94-year-old World War II veteran gets high school diploma
- Spending time in nature boosts health, study finds
- ENA calls for gov’t support for persons living with albinism