Train passengers have been asked to behave responsibly after a bra was flushed down a toilet, causing a blockage.
Virgin Trains said that four toilets are being taken out of service every day as a result of people using them incorrectly.
This meant 18,000 lost toilet hours every year with a repair bill of more than £180,000.
The bra is not the only strange item to be found down the toilet on the operator's Pendolino trains - with glasses, wedding rings, nappies and a football scarf also causing plumbing problems.
More than 90% of the blockages were caused by wet wipes - and even those labelled as being flushable were clogging pipes.
Michael Jacks, head of fleet and engineering at Virgin Trains, said: "It did make us smile when we found the bra as it's not something you would expect to find.
"But it does highlight a very serious issue, and one that greatly impacts on our customers.
"Bins are provided, and we would remind everyone to follow the three Ps of flushing. Only pee, poo and paper should be flushed down any toilet."
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Manhunt for chief who allegedly kidnapped another chief
- CID exonerates Bissue in Anas exposé
- Newspaper headlines: Monday, July 22, 2019
- IGP, CID boss face court today over Afoko bail brouhaha
- T'di residents laud introduction of cylinder re-circulation model
- New technique promises to ease teaching, learning of mathematics
- Education Ministry clarifies position on reposting SHS teachers with distance degrees
- U.S. weather service bakes biscuits in hot car
- 5 African countries that promise the best honeymoon money can buy
- LEKMA road finally gets new contractor
- Deeper Life tackles immorality with campus congress
- Report wives who wear jeans to bed - DOVVSU
- You can pay to cuddle cows at this New York farm
- Controversy-plagued UEW halts 2019 graduation
- Wa regional hospital boss sacked