Train passengers have been asked to behave responsibly after a bra was flushed down a toilet, causing a blockage.
Virgin Trains said that four toilets are being taken out of service every day as a result of people using them incorrectly.
This meant 18,000 lost toilet hours every year with a repair bill of more than £180,000.
The bra is not the only strange item to be found down the toilet on the operator's Pendolino trains - with glasses, wedding rings, nappies and a football scarf also causing plumbing problems.
More than 90% of the blockages were caused by wet wipes - and even those labelled as being flushable were clogging pipes.
Michael Jacks, head of fleet and engineering at Virgin Trains, said: "It did make us smile when we found the bra as it's not something you would expect to find.
"But it does highlight a very serious issue, and one that greatly impacts on our customers.
"Bins are provided, and we would remind everyone to follow the three Ps of flushing. Only pee, poo and paper should be flushed down any toilet."
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Ghana’s popular tourist sites to receive facelift in 2019
- Child draws all over dad’s passport; dad gets stuck in South Korea
- Ghanaian lawyers appeal to IGP, Interior Minister to stop "brazen" murders
- Akufo-Addo outlines gov't's pillars of growth for Science and Technology
- We want answers to killings, not Commander's transfer - Alavanyo youth
- Political appointment or birthright?
- Ahmed’s killing: NDC stampeding investigations with own conclusions – Oppong Nkrumah
- Ghana's female peacekeeping officers winning hearts, minds in DR Congo
- Police interrogate Nyantakyi over Hussein-Suale murder
- Strong residents association will improve security - MP advises
- Hussein-Suale's death: GUNA calls on gov’t to improve security
- Parents of kidnapped Takoradi girls appeal to gov’t for help
- 'Sextortion': 10 cases recorded in less than a month
- Minority speaks on assassination of Ahmed Hussein-Suale
- Fishes return to Ankobra river as illegal miners exit