Train passengers have been asked to behave responsibly after a bra was flushed down a toilet, causing a blockage.
Virgin Trains said that four toilets are being taken out of service every day as a result of people using them incorrectly.
This meant 18,000 lost toilet hours every year with a repair bill of more than £180,000.
The bra is not the only strange item to be found down the toilet on the operator's Pendolino trains - with glasses, wedding rings, nappies and a football scarf also causing plumbing problems.
More than 90% of the blockages were caused by wet wipes - and even those labelled as being flushable were clogging pipes.
Michael Jacks, head of fleet and engineering at Virgin Trains, said: "It did make us smile when we found the bra as it's not something you would expect to find.
"But it does highlight a very serious issue, and one that greatly impacts on our customers.
"Bins are provided, and we would remind everyone to follow the three Ps of flushing. Only pee, poo and paper should be flushed down any toilet."
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Campus Christian Family launches 2019 Alumni Homecoming celebration
- Law enforcement alone won't stop frequent accidents - Police
- World Bank praises Free SHS, pledges support
- Ewutu Senya West MP donates school block, start-up cash to constituents
- ‘It won’t stop accidents' – Expert downplays NRSC push to be an Authority
- Takoradi: Missing one-year-old boy found
- From the newsstands: Tuesday, March 26, 2019
- General Legal Council blamed for Law School brouhaha
- Man spikes co-workers’ drinks with LSD because they had “negative energy”
- The secret to Danish happiness?
- University of Utah, USA to start MPH degree program in Ghana at Ensign College
- Intelligence reveals transmission line hacking sabotage – Energy Minister
- Transport Minister condemns indiscipline on roads, visits accident victims
- NSMQ: VASEC, Zion College win in Volta qualifiers
- Swedru Municipal guard, others in assault video remanded