Opportunity International Savings and Loans in partnership with Opportunity International Global Education Office have awarded scholarships totalling GHS 294,154 to 329 pupils and students across 112 schools in Ghana.
The scholarship covers three terms’ school fees for 2018/19 academic year and was disbursed through the beneficiary’s school account with Opportunity.
The beneficiaries were made up of 177 females and 152 males from schools accessing School Improvement Loans from the Institution.
The School Improvement Loans help private schools, especially at the basic level, to access funding to expand their infrastructure, acquire other capital items to help expand their schools to enhance high levels of intake.
This gesture also forms part of Opportunity’s social responsibility to give back to the society in fulfilment of its mission.
Opportunity International also offers School Fees Loans to help parents pay their wards education.
Opportunity is currently serving 133 private schools with an outstanding loan portfolio of GHS 7,171,537.
Over the past nine years, Opportunity has disbursed a total of GHS 33,995,102 loans to 1,287 private schools across the country.
Opportunity International Global Education Office has the oversight responsibility of providing quality education by way of improving teaching skills in schools served by Opportunity.
It also has the Scholarship Program that helps brilliant but needy children in schools.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Israel trains over 2000 Ghanaian professionals in MASHAV courses
- KNUST becomes first in West Africa to win 'Pan African Universities Debate' contest
- GII engages private sector on Business Integrity and corruption
- Delta sponsors 2018 Junior Achievement Company of the Year Competition
- I never welcomed drone health service - GMA General Secretary
- Retraction and apology to GMA General Secretary, Dep. Information minister
- Be wary of Ghana's security before passing RTI- Ex-Pres Kufuor
- Medical outreach to mark 10th anniversary of Buipewura Jinapor II
- First Atlantic Bank donates Mother and Baby Unit to the Talensi District Hospital
- OtherslikemeGH participates in Total Startupper of the Year Competition
- Gandhi statue on University of Ghana ‘falls’
- Roman Ridge School tops Inter schools Chess tournament
- 'For the dignity of mankind' - Ghanaian who saved life on KLM flight reveals motivation
- “Earthquakes don’t kill, poor buildings do” GSA pushes for L.I.
- Newspaper headlines: Wednesday, December 12, 2018