Opportunity International Savings and Loans in partnership with Opportunity International Global Education Office have awarded scholarships totalling GHS 294,154 to 329 pupils and students across 112 schools in Ghana.
The scholarship covers three terms’ school fees for 2018/19 academic year and was disbursed through the beneficiary’s school account with Opportunity.
The beneficiaries were made up of 177 females and 152 males from schools accessing School Improvement Loans from the Institution.
The School Improvement Loans help private schools, especially at the basic level, to access funding to expand their infrastructure, acquire other capital items to help expand their schools to enhance high levels of intake.
This gesture also forms part of Opportunity’s social responsibility to give back to the society in fulfilment of its mission.
Opportunity International also offers School Fees Loans to help parents pay their wards education.
Opportunity is currently serving 133 private schools with an outstanding loan portfolio of GHS 7,171,537.
Over the past nine years, Opportunity has disbursed a total of GHS 33,995,102 loans to 1,287 private schools across the country.
Opportunity International Global Education Office has the oversight responsibility of providing quality education by way of improving teaching skills in schools served by Opportunity.
It also has the Scholarship Program that helps brilliant but needy children in schools.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Vice President involved in accident, one dead
- Photos: Hungary opens consulate in Kumasi
- GNPC CEO, Board Chair in turf war over Procurement Manager hiring
- Woman goes viral for reviewing brands of soap on how good they taste
- Short Commission: Police testimonies show breakdown in command, control – Bentil
- Manhyia widows praise Opoku-Prempeh
- Luxury car owners, others to protest tax
- This company will confess to your crush if you’re too shy to do it yourself
- Karen Halm hosts students to celebrate Day of Women and Girls in Science
- Kasapreko and partners commission 400KWp solar plant
- EOCO, Police destroy unwholesome turkey at Kpone landfill site
- Police Commander was 'sidelined' in bloody by-election in his district
- Used ladies underwear, pads, hot cakes for money rituals
- NPA to collaborate with Navy to fight fuel smugglers
- Court punishes ICGC, Cross Road Ministries branches, over excessive noise-making