The National Labour Commission (NLC) has ordered teachers of colleges of education in the country to call off their strike and resume duty immediately.
According to a statement issued by the National Labour Commission (NLC) on December 3,2018., which contains the Commission’s ruling on the matter between the College of Education Teachers and the Fair Wages and Salaries Commission (FWSC), the NLC ordered that both parties should return to the negotiation table within five working days starting Monday, December 10, 2018.
The Commission has also directed government and all the parties involved the protracted market premium impasse to resolve the issue within 14 working days upon commencement.
The NLC also instructed all parties to negotiate in good faith with a view to reaching an agreement.
The NLC also instructed the parties to report the outcome of their negotiations to the Commission not later than January 4, 2019.
Principals of the 46 Colleges of Education in the country had been directed to shut down the schools indefinitely, following the failure of tutors of the Colleges to call off their 21 days old strike.
The Colleges of Education Teachers Association of Ghana (CETAG), is in the fourth week of an indefinite strike declared following the failure to reach an agreement with the government on the payment of their Interim Market Premium as well as Book and Research allowances.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Israel trains over 2000 Ghanaian professionals in MASHAV courses
- KNUST becomes first in West Africa to win 'Pan African Universities Debate' contest
- GII engages private sector on Business Integrity and corruption
- Delta sponsors 2018 Junior Achievement Company of the Year Competition
- I never welcomed drone health service - GMA General Secretary
- Retraction and apology to GMA General Secretary, Dep. Information minister
- Be wary of Ghana's security before passing RTI- Ex-Pres Kufuor
- Medical outreach to mark 10th anniversary of Buipewura Jinapor II
- First Atlantic Bank donates Mother and Baby Unit to the Talensi District Hospital
- OtherslikemeGH participates in Total Startupper of the Year Competition
- Gandhi statue on University of Ghana ‘falls’
- Roman Ridge School tops Inter schools Chess tournament
- 'For the dignity of mankind' - Ghanaian who saved life on KLM flight reveals motivation
- “Earthquakes don’t kill, poor buildings do” GSA pushes for L.I.
- Newspaper headlines: Wednesday, December 12, 2018