Ghana boasts of a vibrant press that plays a significant role in every sector of the economy in the country’s quest towards national prosperity.
The significance of communication for human life cannot be overestimated and the media, in particular, acclaimed as the Fourth Estate has spearheaded this call with day-to-day updates on happenings in society.
It is in the view of this fact that leading hospitality facility, Tang Palace Hotel, last week Friday engaged media practitioners in the country to a memorable dinner.
In attendance to savour the drinks and delicious meal made available were both veterans and renowned journalists from the print and electronic media including, the President of the Ghana Journalists Association (GJA), Mr.AffailMonney.
Addressing guests, General Manager-Tang Palace Hotel, Mr Sajid Khan revealed the purpose of the gathering was to acknowledge efforts of Ghana’s seasoned journalists and to familiarise themselves with the Tang Palace brand as the two bodies forge ahead to build Ghana’s hospitality industry.
He said the hotel has cemented itself in the hospitality Industry chalking so many honours to acknowledge efforts for the past years.
The World Luxury Hotel Award, Best Luxury Design Hotel, Best Luxury Business Hotel, Best luxury Airport Hotel Accra and Regional are among the notable awards the hotel has received.
Also in 2016, it won Food and Beverage Team of the year and Most Secured Hotel of the year and in 2017 won Front Office team of the year and Best 4 Star Hotel-Regional and National by Ghana Tourism Authority.
Mr Khan seized the occasion to thank individual clients and corporate entities who have kept faith with the hotel since its opening and urged them to maintain their loyalty assuring that the hotel will be committed to serving guests better in the ensuing years.
Welcoming guests to the event, Sales and Marketing Manager, Ms Jane Gyimah-Amoako, highlighted the role of the media in the success story of the hotel and thanked them for their unflinching support.
To existing and potential clients, she mentioned the hotel remains committed to offering unmatched services to give memorable experiences.
She urged the media fraternity and the general public to contact Tang Palace Hotel for any event especially as the Xmas festivity approaches.
“There are a lot of activities outlined,” she said, stressing that the hotel was poised to provide exceptional service in the hospitality industry.
President of the Ghana Journalists Association (GJA) Mr Affail Monney on behalf of the media fraternity thanked Tang Palace Hotel for acknowledging the media as a strong force for business growth and to partner with the media for a mutually beneficial relationship.
“Even before we enter the Christmas period Tang Palace has given us the opportunity to have a taste of what the festivity will look like and we will leave here with a good memory of what Tang Palace stands for,” he said.
He urged journalists to promote the activities of players within the hospitality industry.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Education directors ordered to declare teacher vacancies
- 100-year-old shipwreck remains wash up on North Carolina coast
- Just in: Gunmen abduct Indian businessman in Kumasi
- Tourists get thrilling Easter experience at Ghana’s top destinations
- Disclosing info on missing Taadi girls dangerous - AG
- We can’t bring Menzgold CEO home just yet – Attorney General
- Aker Energy proposal deadline not Friday – Energy Ministry refutes
- Tipper truck runs into building; injures 2 teenagers
- Photo of the week: Throwback as Chief Imam turns 100 years
- Minister orders reassignment of GHA Roads Toll Manager
- Filipino man has been nailed to a cross every Good Friday for 33 years
- Swedru Municipal guards assault case referred to ADR
- GhanaPostGPS requirement for ID card lands at Appeals court
- Bawumia to partake in Oxford University series of lectures
- UK school principals to visit Accra in May