The President of the Republic, Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo, has charged the six contractors working on the six footbridges on the Madina-Adentan Highway to ensure that the constructions works are completed on schedule.
The President made this comment after he paid a visit to the Madina-Adentan highway to inspect ongoing works on the bridges as part of his 3-day tour of the Greater Accra Region on Wednesday, December 5.
The six contractors working on the bridges, located at Firestone, Zongo Junction, Redco, Ritz Junction, SDA Junction, and Adenta, assured the President of the completion of the project within a period of six months.
This action comes after some residents lost their lives while others sustained injuries when using the Madina-Adentan highway.
Residents went on a demonstration when a first-year senior high school student lost her life on Thursday, November 8 while crossing the road.
The Ministry of Roads and Highways, acting through the Ghana Highway Authority, selected six contractors for the award of contracts for construction of the access ramps, under a certificate of urgency.
The contractors are Fekams Co. Ltd., Highbrains Construction Co. Ltd., Joshob Construction Co. Ltd., First Sky Ltd., Justmoh Construction Limited, and Core Construction.
President Akufo-Addo on his tour, also commissioned the new ultra-modern head office of the Accra Metropolitan Authority, with former mayors of Accra, Nii Amarkai Amarteifio, Nat Nunoo Amarteifio, Solomon Ofei, Stanley Nii Adjiri Blankson, and Alfred Oko Vanderpuije, in attendance.
He again commissioned a multi-purpose astro turf mini-stadium and community centre at Sukura, in the Ablekuma Central constituency.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Photos: 2 passengers allegedly raped, others robbed at gunpoint
- Veep accident: Injured security personnel, passengers discharged
- Nyantakyi and another freed by court
- 233 communities to benefit from grid expansion in Ashanti Region
- Meteorological Agency gets 10 automatic weather stations
- 'Tinder for cows' matches livestock in the mood for love
- Establish counselling departments in schools – GNACC
- Spousal violence is a crime report all cases – CHRAJ
- Vice President involved in accident, one dead
- Photos: Hungary opens consulate in Kumasi
- GNPC CEO, Board Chair in turf war over Procurement Manager hiring
- Woman goes viral for reviewing brands of soap on how good they taste
- Short Commission: Police testimonies show breakdown in command, control – Bentil
- Manhyia widows praise Opoku-Prempeh
- Luxury car owners, others to protest tax