Embattled gold dealership firm, Menzgold Ghana Limited, has asked its staff to proceed on leave effective Monday, December 10.
The company said it arrived at the decision as a result of unceasing threats to its properties as well as staff of the company.
In a statement dated December 4, the gold dealership firm said the staff should return to work on December 20 “when all outstanding entitlements, including end of year packages, shall be fully disbursed”.
“All branch managers are hence transferred temporarily to the head office; Dzorwulu, Accra, effective Monday, December 10, 2018,” the statement said.
It added that all staff should remain calm and be assured that Menzgold shall endeavour to assure their job security.
The statement added that it has been advised by the authorities to halt its online trading [just as the offline one] to enable the authorities to assess the system and present a final say to the public and the company.
CEO of Menzgold, Nana Appiah Mensah
“To this end all the 5% migration fees received shall be reimbursed fully to customers from Monday, December 10 to Friday, December 15, 2018,” the statement added.
According to the statement, the date of their end of year durbar will be communicated to the staff where the Chief Executive, Nana Appiah Mensah, will address the staff.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- UN experts urge govt to ensure justice for slain Ahmed
- Photos: 2 passengers allegedly raped, others robbed at gunpoint
- Veep accident: Injured security personnel, passengers discharged
- Nyantakyi and another freed by court
- 233 communities to benefit from grid expansion in Ashanti Region
- Meteorological Agency gets 10 automatic weather stations
- 'Tinder for cows' matches livestock in the mood for love
- Establish counselling departments in schools – GNACC
- Spousal violence is a crime report all cases – CHRAJ
- Vice President involved in accident, one dead
- Photos: Hungary opens consulate in Kumasi
- GNPC CEO, Board Chair in turf war over Procurement Manager hiring
- Woman goes viral for reviewing brands of soap on how good they taste
- Short Commission: Police testimonies show breakdown in command, control – Bentil
- Manhyia widows praise Opoku-Prempeh