It was a dramatic week in which a rising star who kept the nation talking and singing plunged the nation into mourning after her tragic death in a fatal car crash.
Popular dancehall artiste, Ebony Reigns, known in real life as Priscilla Opoku-Kwarteng, together with two others, died in a gruesome road accident that occurred late Thursday evening on the Sunyani-Kumasi road.
According to police, the 20-year-old singer, a military officer, and her assistant were on board a Jeep with registration AS 497—16 from Sunyani heading towards Kumasi when it collided head-on with a VIP bus heading towards Sunyani from Kumasi.
Only the driver survived, miraculously.
President Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo was in Parliament on Thursday, February 8, 2018, to deliver his second State of The Nation Address. He inspected the guard of honour in front of Parliament House before proceeding into the Chamber to deliver his Address.
Parliament is in full session and the President is on the podium.
Management and staff of The Multimedia Group, early Monday held a solemn service in memory of George Augustus Nii Lante Hansen, who died on Friday.
The remembrance service which took place in the building housing the Client Service and Sales Team was attended by staff from the various business units of the Group. The late Hansen was the Sales Manager for the entertainment brands of the Group which include Hitz FM and Joy Prime
The heartbroken staff wore black and red to mourn their colleague who most of them describe as high spirited and easy going.
Chamber of Petroleum Consumers Demonstrate
Chamber of Petroleum Consumers, Industrial and Commercial Workers Union (ICU) on Wednesday embarked on a demonstration to protest against the rising fuel prices in the country.
According to them, the last five months have witnessed a persistent increase in the prices of petroleum products with corresponding hardships these increases often come with.
The protesters, numbering about 40 started the protest at the Obra Sport at Kwame Nkrumah Circle through Kojo Thompson Road in Adabraka and ended at Hearts Park in Accra.
Clashes between some Zongo youth and indigenes at Ahwiaa in the Kwabre East district of the Ashanti region left many residents injured.
In the fight that broke early Saturday morning, the two sides attacked each other with machetes and other weapons.
The military and police intervened and made a number of arrests.
A three-year-old boy was killed in an accident with two others sustaining injuries.
A toyota corolla with registration no. GC 210-10 travelling from Koforidua to Accra run into the children.
Fire destroys School feeding supplies, 7 shops at Suame
Food items belonging to the School Feeding Programme at Suame in Kumasi in the Ashanti Region, were destroyed after fire tore through the storehouse.
The Tuesday fire also ravaged seven shops and two vehicles owned by some artisans near a mechanic enclave in the area, Luv FM’s Erastus Asare Donkor reported
The items worth hundreds of cedis belonged to the Nuru Islamic Basic School that is under the programme, the reporter said.
Graphic Business/Stanbic Bank held a business breakfast meeting on proposals for deposit insurance.
(From L to R) MD of Stanbic Bank, Alhassan Andani, former Finance Minister Seth Terkper, Editor and Acting MD of Graphic Communications Group, Ransford Tetteh.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Killing of football bribes investigator a dent on Ghana's democracy -GII
- Nigeria most dangerous country for Christians in West Africa - Report
- Newspaper headlines: Friday, January 18, 2019
- Building cathedral but removing RME from syllabus is hypocrisy – Educationist
- Pennsylvania police seek volunteers to get drunk for training exercise
- Wave of killings 'threaten right to life, liberty of Ghanaians' -- Amnesty Int'l
- The world's secret club of explorers
- Limiting killing to Kennedy Agyapong is letting killers loose - Security Analyst
- Undercover investigator killing: Homicide Unit takes over probe
- Killing of undercover investigator: President expects justice ‘as soon as possible’
- Kennedy Agyapong calls for Anas arrest over Ahmed murder
- Yendi gets $30m water supply project after peaceful chieftancy process
- Family of killed undercover investigator demand justice
- We are devastated by Hussein-Suale dastardly killing - Tiger Eye PI
- Your security is in your hands - Former CID Director cautions