Vice President Dr Mahamadu Bawumia has reiterated his gratitude to Ghanaians for their prayers and support during the short period he was unwell.
He said he is grateful to have undergone a successful healing and to come back to continue working for the country.
Dr Bawumia was speaking Sunday, February 11, 2018, when he joined members of Christ Temple branch of the International Central Gospel Church (ICGC) in worship.
Dr Bawumia urged the congregation to pray and support President Akufo-Addo, the Chief of Staff and all ministers of state.
“They all stood by me and prayed for me just as you did,” he said.
Two weeks ago, the Vice President sought treatment for an undisclosed illness in London.
Last week Friday, Dr Bawumia thanked Ghanaians when he attended Jumaah prayers at the Abossey Okai Mosque with the Chief Imam Osman Nuhu Sharubutu.
Pastor Mensa Otabil
The Vice President spoke fondly of how his late father used to watch the renowned pastor’s TV preaching session, the Living Word.
“In my house, even though my father as strong a Muslim as he was, on Sunday, with Otabil on the TV you don’t disturb him until he [Otabil] finishes. I want to thank you for that,” he recounted.
He praised the Founder and General Overseer of (ICGC) Pastor Mensa Otabil for going beyond preaching to touch lives across the country.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- GPHA offers ¢50,000 bounty for killers of PR Manager
- Killing of football bribes investigator a dent on Ghana's democracy -GII
- Nigeria most dangerous country for Christians in West Africa - Report
- Newspaper headlines: Friday, January 18, 2019
- Building cathedral but removing RME from syllabus is hypocrisy – Educationist
- Pennsylvania police seek volunteers to get drunk for training exercise
- Wave of killings 'threaten right to life, liberty of Ghanaians' -- Amnesty Int'l
- The world's secret club of explorers
- Limiting killing to Kennedy Agyapong is letting killers loose - Security Analyst
- Undercover investigator killing: Homicide Unit takes over probe
- Killing of undercover investigator: President expects justice ‘as soon as possible’
- Kennedy Agyapong calls for Anas arrest over Ahmed murder
- Yendi gets $30m water supply project after peaceful chieftancy process
- Family of killed undercover investigator demand justice
- We are devastated by Hussein-Suale dastardly killing - Tiger Eye PI