Government is to recruit about three thousand Arabic teachers in the Islamic schools throughout the country.
It will also partner the Ghana Muslim mission to establish more Islamic teacher training colleges to train more Arabic teachers.
The minister for inner city and Zongo development, Abubakar Saddique Boniface, made this announcement at the 5th national annual conference of Zongo chiefs in Koforidua.
Zongo Development Minister
He asked the Zongo chiefs to lead the crusade to help educate the youth to refrain from acts that will dent their image.
A Zongo chief from the central region, Mohammed Dandi Maza Wajer, commended the government for the creation of the Zongo fund adding that it will lessen the plight of Muslims.
A Zongo chief from Ashanti region, Sultan Saeed appealed to the government to give more political appointments to Muslims to also help in decision making.
The conference was used to deliberate on issues bothering the association and make suggestions that will move them forward.
About 500 chiefs from all the Zongo communities across the country attended.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- GPHA offers ¢50,000 bounty for killers of PR Manager
- Killing of football bribes investigator a dent on Ghana's democracy -GII
- Nigeria most dangerous country for Christians in West Africa - Report
- Newspaper headlines: Friday, January 18, 2019
- Building cathedral but removing RME from syllabus is hypocrisy – Educationist
- Pennsylvania police seek volunteers to get drunk for training exercise
- Wave of killings 'threaten right to life, liberty of Ghanaians' -- Amnesty Int'l
- The world's secret club of explorers
- Limiting killing to Kennedy Agyapong is letting killers loose - Security Analyst
- Undercover investigator killing: Homicide Unit takes over probe
- Killing of undercover investigator: President expects justice ‘as soon as possible’
- Kennedy Agyapong calls for Anas arrest over Ahmed murder
- Yendi gets $30m water supply project after peaceful chieftancy process
- Family of killed undercover investigator demand justice
- We are devastated by Hussein-Suale dastardly killing - Tiger Eye PI