The lives of children at Glefe, a community in the Ablekuma West District of the Greater Accra Region were put at risk after Tuesday's early downpour.
They were captured walking aimlessly by award-winning Photo Journalist, David Andoh, without protection from neither their parents nor guardians who were also busily scooping water from their flooded homes.
Several homes were filled with a large amount of water to the surprise of residents after a drainage system was recently constructed to curtail such situation.
The residents are calling for the head of the contractor for a poor work done while appealing to the Accra Metropolitan Assembly to take another look at the layout of the area.
See more pictures below:
Have your say
More News Headlines
- 'Assuming without admitting,' women lawyers condemn sexual exploitation
- Photo: As Christ cleans sins, Church of Pentecost members clean streets
- Newspaper headlines: Monday, January 21, 2019
- Family of slain Ahmed appeals for public support to catch killers
- Cape Coast: Staff, students of popular SHS to boycott school over threats from encroachers
- Photos: Pra River now a stagnant, brownish sludge
- Teachers asked not to sit and teach
- Company makes employees crawl through street for not meeting sales targets
- If you can’t afford to go Europe, try these U.S. cities
- Ahmed started receiving death threats after photos were published – Family reveals
- Minister launches e-learning platform for students
- Taxi driver found dead with missing genitals
- Yendi curfew reviewed
- UN expresses "strong condemnation" of Ahmed’s killing
- AIBF announces 2018 Literary Awards winners