Some parts of the capital have been flooded following a heavy downpour on Tuesday morning
The rains started a few minutes to 6 am and lasted for about an hour and a half.
Several parts of Accra, including Kaneshie, Abossey Okai, Circle, Nima Highway, East Legon, Tantra Hill, have been swamped.
The rain and its resulting floods have caused massive traffic in the capital city.
Several frustrated callers to the Super Morning Show on Joy FM urged the Police and other authorities to intervene to control the traffic.
“There is a very serious accident around the Tantra Hill roundabout,” Ralph, a caller reported on the Super Morning Show.
According to him, a car had a burst tire and hit a pillar at the roundabout.
“There is some much traffic because of the traffic,” he added.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Killing of football bribes investigator a dent on Ghana's democracy -GII
- Nigeria most dangerous country for Christians in West Africa - Report
- Newspaper headlines: Friday, January 18, 2019
- Building cathedral but removing RME from syllabus is hypocrisy – Educationist
- Pennsylvania police seek volunteers to get drunk for training exercise
- Wave of killings 'threaten right to life, liberty of Ghanaians' -- Amnesty Int'l
- The world's secret club of explorers
- Limiting killing to Kennedy Agyapong is letting killers loose - Security Analyst
- Undercover investigator killing: Homicide Unit takes over probe
- Killing of undercover investigator: President expects justice ‘as soon as possible’
- Kennedy Agyapong calls for Anas arrest over Ahmed murder
- Yendi gets $30m water supply project after peaceful chieftancy process
- Family of killed undercover investigator demand justice
- We are devastated by Hussein-Suale dastardly killing - Tiger Eye PI
- Your security is in your hands - Former CID Director cautions