The police in the Western Region are on a hunt for two accomplices said to have contributed to the beheading of a 12-year-old boy at Bogoso.
The prime suspect was arrested at Dixcove, a coastal community in the Ahanta West district on his way to sell the severed head to a fetish priest.
The suspect, Alex Tetteh, at the time of his arrest had concealed the head in a black polythene bag.
Western Regional police PRO, ASP Olivia Adiku has debunked claims, the deceased was beheaded by his father.
“The case has been transferred to Sekondi as the regional investigative department has taken over.
“A message was sent to Bogoso to find out if anyone has reported a case of a missing child. Fortunately, one teacher Mensah had lodged a report of a missing son,” she said.
Mr Mensah together with police from the Regional Police Headquarters went to the morgue to identify the body as Ebenezer Tetteh, his son.
According to the police, the suspect only shares a surname with the victim but they have not been able to establish if they are related.
Meanwhile, the teacher of the 12-year-old boy Kevin Kofi Annan has denied reports, the boy went missing after being sacked from school.
He said reports have it that the deceased does not owe and other mates confirmed he was not in school on Tuesday.
The teacher who is also a worker at the local radio station, Trinity FM, said the parents of the boy came to report he was missing.
An announcement was then made after which a police officer was called into the station to invite them to identify the body.
Police investigations are ongoing.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- GPHA offers ¢50,000 bounty for killers of PR Manager
- Killing of football bribes investigator a dent on Ghana's democracy -GII
- Nigeria most dangerous country for Christians in West Africa - Report
- Newspaper headlines: Friday, January 18, 2019
- Building cathedral but removing RME from syllabus is hypocrisy – Educationist
- Pennsylvania police seek volunteers to get drunk for training exercise
- Wave of killings 'threaten right to life, liberty of Ghanaians' -- Amnesty Int'l
- The world's secret club of explorers
- Limiting killing to Kennedy Agyapong is letting killers loose - Security Analyst
- Undercover investigator killing: Homicide Unit takes over probe
- Killing of undercover investigator: President expects justice ‘as soon as possible’
- Kennedy Agyapong calls for Anas arrest over Ahmed murder
- Yendi gets $30m water supply project after peaceful chieftancy process
- Family of killed undercover investigator demand justice
- We are devastated by Hussein-Suale dastardly killing - Tiger Eye PI