A three-year-old boy who was standing at an abandoned fuel station at Aburi in the Eastern Region has been killed after a vehicle ran into him and two others last night.
Prince Okanta Ntum died at the Tetteh Quarshie Memorial Hospital where he was rushed to. The two others sustained injuries but were treated and discharged.
Joy News’ Eastern Regional correspondent, Maxwell Kudakor reports that the police have picked up a 24-year-old driver for questioning.
The incident happened on Thursday between 5:00 – 6:00pm when the driver, Mendy Agyekum, with registration number GC210-10 was driving from Koforidua to Accra.
When the car got to the Aburi Y junction, it veered off from its lane and entered the opposite lane after which it skidded off into the fuel station.
The car run into the three children who were playing at the abandoned filling station.
They were quickly transported to the Tetteh Quarshie Memorial Hospital where Prince Okanta Ntum died upon arrival.
Richmond Amoako, 4, and Ransford Baah, 5 survived the accident.
Mr Agyekum reported himself to the Aburi police and his car has been impounded while investigations continue.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- GPHA offers ¢50,000 bounty for killers of PR Manager
- Killing of football bribes investigator a dent on Ghana's democracy -GII
- Nigeria most dangerous country for Christians in West Africa - Report
- Newspaper headlines: Friday, January 18, 2019
- Building cathedral but removing RME from syllabus is hypocrisy – Educationist
- Pennsylvania police seek volunteers to get drunk for training exercise
- Wave of killings 'threaten right to life, liberty of Ghanaians' -- Amnesty Int'l
- The world's secret club of explorers
- Limiting killing to Kennedy Agyapong is letting killers loose - Security Analyst
- Undercover investigator killing: Homicide Unit takes over probe
- Killing of undercover investigator: President expects justice ‘as soon as possible’
- Kennedy Agyapong calls for Anas arrest over Ahmed murder
- Yendi gets $30m water supply project after peaceful chieftancy process
- Family of killed undercover investigator demand justice
- We are devastated by Hussein-Suale dastardly killing - Tiger Eye PI