Ace Broadcaster, Kwami Sefa Kayi says the road contractor whose supposed negligence resulted in the deadly crash involving dancehall musician, Priscilla Opoku Kwarteng, known in the showbiz industry as Ebony Reigns must be punished.
Mr. Kayi, who is reigning Ghana Journalists Association (GJA) Journalist of the Year, wants the said contractor to be brought to book if it is established that his actions indeed caused the fatal crash late Thursday.
The heap, believed to be for the construction of the road had been left over a month ago at the Mankraso stretch of the Kumasi- Sunyani road, where the fatal accident occurred.
Ebony and three others- a friend, driver, and bodyguard - were said to be returning from the Brong Ahafo capital, Sunyani, where she had gone to visit her mother who had returned from the UK.
Luv FM’s Erastus Asare Donkor reported Ebony's driver may have suddenly encountered a small bank of sand on the right side of the dark road at Mankranso and decided to dodge it.
His attempt to suddenly swerve the bump, brought the car into a direct collision with a VIP bus in the other lane.
Speaking on the Super Morning Show on Joy FM moments after the news broke, Kwami Sefa Kayi said it is about time contractors are made to answer for the deaths caused as a result of their carelessness.
“If indeed the road was under construction and they left a heap of sand there…then somebody must be made to pay for it,” the host of Kokrokoo Morning Show on Peace FM told Super Morning Show host, Daniel Dadzie.
He described the late songstress as a "bubbly young woman who was full of life and lived life the way she wanted it".
Listen to the audio:
Video: Ebony's mother begs God to bring her daughter back to life.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- GPHA offers ¢50,000 bounty for killers of PR Manager
- Killing of football bribes investigator a dent on Ghana's democracy -GII
- Nigeria most dangerous country for Christians in West Africa - Report
- Newspaper headlines: Friday, January 18, 2019
- Building cathedral but removing RME from syllabus is hypocrisy – Educationist
- Pennsylvania police seek volunteers to get drunk for training exercise
- Wave of killings 'threaten right to life, liberty of Ghanaians' -- Amnesty Int'l
- The world's secret club of explorers
- Limiting killing to Kennedy Agyapong is letting killers loose - Security Analyst
- Undercover investigator killing: Homicide Unit takes over probe
- Killing of undercover investigator: President expects justice ‘as soon as possible’
- Kennedy Agyapong calls for Anas arrest over Ahmed murder
- Yendi gets $30m water supply project after peaceful chieftancy process
- Family of killed undercover investigator demand justice
- We are devastated by Hussein-Suale dastardly killing - Tiger Eye PI