Chief Executive Officer of the National Health Insurance Authority (NHIA), Dr Samuel Annor has said his outfit is working to restore integrity in the Health Insurance Scheme.
According to him, they have managed to pay some of their debts to ensure Ghanaians get quality healthcare.
Dr Annor made the comment on Ekosii Sen on Asempa FM, Wednesday.
He indicated that, in as much as the scheme owes service providers, that should not affect the delivery of quality healthcare.
NHIA Boss stressed the importance for the nation to give priority to healthcare delivery in order to save lives noting that, the poor quality of healthcare, has led to the increasing loss of lives in the country.
Dr Annor cited how they have settled over half of the debt owned service provides as part of measures to resuscitate the scheme.
Conceding that the National Health Insurance Scheme has challenges, Dr Annor noted that he cannot by any stretch of the imagination say the scheme has collapsed.
He said they are poised to make the NHIS a reliable health scheme that Ghanaians will be proud of.
Dr Annor called on stakeholders in the health sector and the general public to collectively work to sustain the NHIS and improve the healthcare delivery system in the country.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Building cathedral but removing RME from syllabus is hypocrisy – Educationist
- Pennsylvania police seek volunteers to get drunk for training exercise
- Wave of killings 'threaten right to life, liberty of Ghanaians' -- Amnesty Int'l
- The world's secret club of explorers
- Limiting killing to Kennedy Agyapong is letting killers loose - Security Analyst
- Undercover investigator killing: Homicide Unit takes over probe
- Killing of undercover investigator: President expects justice ‘as soon as possible’
- Kennedy Agyapong calls for Anas arrest over Ahmed murder
- Yendi gets $30m water supply project after peaceful chieftancy process
- Family of killed undercover investigator demand justice
- We are devastated by Hussein-Suale dastardly killing - Tiger Eye PI
- Your security is in your hands - Former CID Director cautions
- Social media reaction to killing of undercover investigator
- Anas’ partner killing: Kennedy Agyapong has questions to answer – Lawyer
- Nomadic herdsmen invade Sekyere Central; officials to use diplomatic approach