The Ghana Education Service (GES) has appointed Cassandra Twum-Ampofo as the new Head of the Public Relations Unit of the Service.
Her appointment comes after the transfer of Rev. Jonathan Bettey, the former PRO.
Mr. Bettey is said to have forged his promotional letter hence the decision to transfer him from the Headquarters in Accra to Cape Coast.
Mr. Bettey has however rejected the claims, saying his transfer was politically motivated.
About the new PRO
Ms Twum-Ampofo is a professional teacher and until her new appointment, she was the Ashanti Regional PRO for the GES.
She holds a Master of Arts degree in Communication from the University of Cape Coast, Bachelor of Arts Degree in Communications Studies (with specialisation in Public Relations) from the Christian Service University College, a Diploma in Journalism from the Institute of Business Management and Journalism in Kumasi.
She also obtained her Post Sec Teachers Certificate from Holy Child College, Takoradi, and joined the Ghana Education Service in 2004.
Ms Cassandra Twum Ampofo is also a member of the Institute of Public Relations, Ghana.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Building cathedral but removing RME from syllabus is hypocrisy – Educationist
- Pennsylvania police seek volunteers to get drunk for training exercise
- Wave of killings 'threaten right to life, liberty of Ghanaians' -- Amnesty Int'l
- The world's secret club of explorers
- Limiting killing to Kennedy Agyapong is letting killers loose - Security Analyst
- Undercover investigator killing: Homicide Unit takes over probe
- Killing of undercover investigator: President expects justice ‘as soon as possible’
- Kennedy Agyapong calls for Anas arrest over Ahmed murder
- Yendi gets $30m water supply project after peaceful chieftancy process
- Family of killed undercover investigator demand justice
- We are devastated by Hussein-Suale dastardly killing - Tiger Eye PI
- Your security is in your hands - Former CID Director cautions
- Social media reaction to killing of undercover investigator
- Anas’ partner killing: Kennedy Agyapong has questions to answer – Lawyer
- Nomadic herdsmen invade Sekyere Central; officials to use diplomatic approach