President Akufo-Addo's nomination of former Attorney General, Martina Amidu as the Special Prosecutor at the newly created office of Independent Prosecutor has sent social media buzzing.
While a handful are opposed to the appointment because of Mr Amidu is a well-known card bearing member of the opposition National Democratic Congress (NDC), most Ghanaians are over the moon over the appointment.
The Office of the Special Prosecutor is a campaign promise of the then candidate Nana Akufo-Addo who believes and ‘philosopher king’ should be appointed amongst the citizenry who will prosecute corruption cases without the fear of witch hunting.
The Bill was passed in November 2017 and assented to by the President on January 2, 2018.
Below are some social media reactions to the appointment.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Photos: Killed undercover investigator buried
- Rev. Korankye Ankrah praises Chief Imam
- Yo-Naa Abubakari Mahama is new Ya Naa-elect
- It's time to nip creeping Fake News challenge in the bud – Oppong Nkrumah
- Ahmed murder an attack on press freedom – US Embassy
- OneGhana Movement wants Kennedy Agyapong prosecuted
- 120 Ghanaian police officers heading to Somalia
- GPHA offers ¢50,000 bounty for killers of PR Manager
- Killing of football bribes investigator a dent on Ghana's democracy -GII
- Nigeria most dangerous country for Christians in West Africa - Report
- Newspaper headlines: Friday, January 18, 2019
- Building cathedral but removing RME from syllabus is hypocrisy – Educationist
- Pennsylvania police seek volunteers to get drunk for training exercise
- Wave of killings 'threaten right to life, liberty of Ghanaians' -- Amnesty Int'l
- The world's secret club of explorers