The will of the people has been proven stronger than the resolve of city authorities after some Ghanaians defied the Accra Metropolitan Assembly (AMA) order to make a temporary dwelling in a space under the Kwame Nkrumah Interchange.
Christened 'Accra Dubai', the space near the VIP Bus station has become the fertile ground where street hawkers, passengers and some mentally ill people gather.
The AMA dutifully cemented the ground and laid granite cobblestones to prevent such people from loitering but the restrictions do not appear to be deterrent enough.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Curfew imposed at Bole over deadly chieftaincy clashes
- SSGL is Environmental, Sanitation Services Company of the Year
- 42 minors rescued from slavery on Volta Lake
- Trust God, build well - Minister advises potential victims of earth tremors
- Police open probe into sexual assault of British girls, teacher at gunpoint
- Accra Technical University to offer training in drone technology
- Free SHS: Kufuor poo-poo’s ‘rich must pay’ argument
- National Chief Imam honours Dr Bawumia
- Avoid redundancy exercise if possible – HR expert counsels practitioners
- Students Loan Trust releases GHS7m for applicants
- The levitating stone of Shivapur: A controversial ‘miracle’
- People going mad for Emirates’ ‘diamond covered’ plane
- Masterclass modeling event slated for Dec 22
- IMANI: On Drones, GHS boss, Dr. Nsiah-Asare is very Confused
- Kwaku Azar wants Audit Service Board scrapped