The Food and Drugs Authority (FDA) has reminded the media, advertisers, manufacturers and importers of alcoholic beverages that advertisements on alcoholic beverages are supposed to be aired from 2000 hours to 0600 hours only.
A statement signed by Mr James Lartey, the Head of Communications and Public Education, and copied to the Ghana News Agency, said this was supposed to take effect from January 1, 2018.
“Additionally, kindly be informed that all advertisements of FDA regulated products that would be approved by the FDA from January 1, 2018, are supposed to include the phrase - This advert has been vetted and approved by the FDA," the statement said.
The FDA's Guidelines for the Advertisements on Foods (Section 3.2.6) and specifically the requirements for advertisements of alcoholic beverages, states that: "Radio and Television advertisements shall not be aired between the hours of 0600 am and 2000".
Video: FDA recalls Adonko bitters
Meanwhile, the general public is encouraged to provide information on any activities that are likely to endanger public health and safety with respect to FDA’s mandate through the following numbers:
Hotlines - 0299802932, 0299802933,
Toll-Free Number - 0800151000 (free only on Airtel and Vodafone) and,
SMS Shortcode - 4015.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Building cathedral but removing RME from syllabus is hypocrisy – Educationist
- Pennsylvania police seek volunteers to get drunk for training exercise
- Wave of killings 'threaten right to life, liberty of Ghanaians' -- Amnesty Int'l
- The world's secret club of explorers
- Limiting killing to Kennedy Agyapong is letting killers loose - Security Analyst
- Undercover investigator killing: Homicide Unit takes over probe
- Killing of undercover investigator: President expects justice ‘as soon as possible’
- Kennedy Agyapong calls for Anas arrest over Ahmed murder
- Yendi gets $30m water supply project after peaceful chieftancy process
- Family of killed undercover investigator demand justice
- We are devastated by Hussein-Suale dastardly killing - Tiger Eye PI
- Your security is in your hands - Former CID Director cautions
- Social media reaction to killing of undercover investigator
- Anas’ partner killing: Kennedy Agyapong has questions to answer – Lawyer
- Nomadic herdsmen invade Sekyere Central; officials to use diplomatic approach