A Techiman Circuit Court has remanded in police custody a traditional leader in the Tain district of the Brong Ahafo Region for illegal possession of indian hemp.
Nana Kwasi Dapaa, Krontihene of Badu-Adamu was arrested by Wenchi District Police Command for possessing substances suspected to be ‘weed.’
The Regional Crime office Chief superintendent Lele Kwaku Duah confirmed the arrest and prosecution to Joy News' Anass Sabit in an interview.
According to him, due to the position the suspect occupies, he was transferred to the regional police command to handle the prosecution.
He was arraigned before the court but was remanded to reappear in court at later date. He said the suspect is presently in the custody of the police.
Chief superintendent Lele Kwaku Duah would not confirm immediately when the suspect will reappear but hinted his outfit is ready to proceed with the prosecution.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Building cathedral but removing RME from syllabus is hypocrisy – Educationist
- Pennsylvania police seek volunteers to get drunk for training exercise
- Wave of killings 'threaten right to life, liberty of Ghanaians' -- Amnesty Int'l
- The world's secret club of explorers
- Limiting killing to Kennedy Agyapong is letting killers loose - Security Analyst
- Undercover investigator killing: Homicide Unit takes over probe
- Killing of undercover investigator: President expects justice ‘as soon as possible’
- Kennedy Agyapong calls for Anas arrest over Ahmed murder
- Yendi gets $30m water supply project after peaceful chieftancy process
- Family of killed undercover investigator demand justice
- We are devastated by Hussein-Suale dastardly killing - Tiger Eye PI
- Your security is in your hands - Former CID Director cautions
- Social media reaction to killing of undercover investigator
- Anas’ partner killing: Kennedy Agyapong has questions to answer – Lawyer
- Nomadic herdsmen invade Sekyere Central; officials to use diplomatic approach